Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Wednesday February 1, 2023 Changes?

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday February 1, 2023

I didn't even notice the sky as I walked the dogs this morning, deep in thought.  The mare and filly had the company of Handsome outside their enclosure and Whitey and the blazed filly were back in the old "pasture".  The corner dog had given us a cursory bark and most of the others were not bad either.

I borrowed a Fort MacMurray shot of the new (very old) comet because it completely slipped my mind last night amidst all the company Cristina had in the house all day long.  She also had her ex Carlos come over to build an enclosure under the south orange tree to house a duck that she intends to get from Zoonosis... no consultation with me, nada...

This lack of respect is ongoing, pervasive and unacceptable.  I have therefore commenced inquiries about returning to Canada alone and re-invent myself once again.  That would also negate my constant worrying about renewing my Visa and then my Driver's Licence.  I need to get my ducks in a row before dropping the news.

When Cristina came to me, she had nothing, no home, no money, nada.  I will likely just walk away leaving her with the house which is already purposely in her name, and with enough money to start a business to pay a monthly sustainable income.  I have been after her to start a business since we moved to Colombia when I gave her the money.  And the money put aside has now devalued almost 50% in that time because of the poor value of the Peso.  Not my fault.  I have been bending over backwards to try to keep the peace, but the disrespect continues and makes my situation barely tolerable.

I have started checking flights, Business class to go with 2 large suitcases to start over in Edmonton to be near my children and friends.  We'll see how this plays out as I have threatened to do this several times, but yesterday was the straw that might have broken the camel's back.  One more bit of nastiness and............

I went out back to capture Tom and happened to walk into the yard because I had seen a Yellow-Headed Caracara fly by.  Then I saw what, at first, looked like buzzards circling, but I quickly realized the shapes were hanggliders riding the thermals, probably all the way from Roldanillo!!

The biggest obstacle to walking out the door is selling the car, so I made an appointment to talk to Luis, the manager at KIA who had lived in Montreal.  He actually offered me a better price than I expected, subject to inspection and 2 days to transfer title.  I told him this may happen closer to the end of the month.

Don't think for a second that I relish the idea of leaving.  Cristina and Colombia are very attractive in many ways and starting over again is daunting.  The thing is, I KNOW that love is there,.... it just comes with so many concessions on my part and I am so tired of the insolence.  And it is not like I have never started from scratch before....  Let me count the ways.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

I wish that I taken this!

See the dragonfly ath the bottom?

Circling, circling

Riding the thermal currents

Many of them over our town

I am jealous

Oh, Tom did visit

Moving on

Looks like a whale under there

Last one for today?