Friday, February 17, 2023

Thursday February 16, 2023 BBQ

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday February 16, 2023

We walked after an overnight rain, in the dark, and all the animals were under cover.  I cut it short again after 20 minutes.

I had a nice long chat with my brother Germain this morning.  It is always so nice to catch up on their news.

Daisy continues to give us an egg a day!  She must be quite content in her new digs.

Before lunch we went out to get 2 more bags of wood shavings.  After lunch we delivered them to Zoonosis to use as cat litter.  Then I dropped off Cristina at Adiela's and came back home to nap, then shower.

At 4:45pm I delivered some more camera equipment and my professional tripod to my friend, the vet, John.  He is so appreciative.

At 5pm I went to Wolf's for a BBQ that Fabiola managed on a small hibachi, for 6 people!  And, she cooks things to perfection, nothing overcooked.  I brought a dozen of the ham sausages to add to the steak, potatoes and salad.

Wolf and I and Alex, the son-in-law  had some fun conversations as I took photos of the birds. A new one, a fork-tailed Flycatcher, had me mesmerized and I got a so-so shot of it with it's split tail in full view.

The sunsets are usually spectacular there as their place has a magnificent, unobstructed view.  Tonight wasn't so phenomenal except for a great mushroom cloud that took a long time to disspate to allow the setting sun to paint the sky very briefly.

Wolf and Alex both kindly offered me a free place to stay anytime I decide to return to visit.  I am so blessed to have such good friends everywhere.

Alex is also checking for me to get a document from the Government stating that I have no tickets or accidents for insurance purposes.  Apparently this can be generated online so I don't know how acceptable that will be...

I called Cristina at 9:30pm as I was leaving, expecting her to be home ahead of me, but she was actually catching a "pirata" taxi for home at the same time....  I really don't like leaving the dogs alone for such a length of time.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Tea Roses are blooming





Pink and white ones too

Wolf's parrot Martina can chatter and wolf-whistle

The Fork-Tailed Flycatcher

Valerie's dog Toby

Huge cloud in the western sky

A large Heron

Big cloud dissipating slowly

An Ibis

A Smooth-billed Ani

Wolf pouring a beer

Different sky as the sun lowers

Let the sky painting begin



Alex, Fabiola, Wolf, Elizabeth.  Valerie missing.