Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday February 10, 2023 Loose Ends

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday February 10, 2023

I got to watch the end of both the Oilers' loss and Canuck's win last night.  So nice to get North American programming again.

This morning we had the same sky as the last few days, moon, stars, and cloud to light the way to the pigs and horses.  Near the pigs someone had 2 calves in that fancy electrified pen.... and the complete walk was pretty quiet.

At 7am Roger popped by on his bike to pick up my music, and CD's and DVD's with a lot of photos from my various trips.  Also, he got some games that don't work in the new Windows, like Trivial Pursuit and You Don't Know Jack, which I loved.

Then I got an extortion email phished through Fine Art America asking for $3,500 in bitcoin or they will ruin my reputation and cause havoc after 3 days.  I was so worried that I posted warnings on FAA and FaceBook and contacted the experts at FAA.  They say that they get thousands of those (but I have never seen them talk about it) and to just ignore, and delete, it.  I put it in the Spam folder on hold until 3 days pass.....  It still is worrisome...

I did 2 poop patrols, and watered the flowers again because the earth is so parched and cracked.  We need rain!!!  The hibiscus has blooms starting so I clipped back all the curled, gnarled tip leaves that indicate existence of parasites that prevent the blooms.

ServiEntrega delivered 2 more packages for me from Amazon, 2 heavy magnetic bracelets and a magnifier lamp...  Those will have to come to Canada with me.  Only 1 more package to come..

We went into Tulua to Zoonosis to bring more wood shavings.  While there, I got a communication from Wolf to come meet a friend at Berthold's restaurant Vollkoorn named Andy that is interested in buying Lizzie.  So we went, because we were close and I let Andy have a look, and showed him my bottom end price, and why...  He has to check with his wife (the getaway line I heard hundreds of times when selling cars).  From him, I would need cash, because I need to convert it to US Dollars without touching my Bank.

Then we went to HomeCenter to get a new Bedroom Lockset for bedroom 2.  The old one was broken and I had to literally rip the metal to remove it.  And I easily installed the new one after enlarging the bolt hole as required.

We also picked up some better locks for the door to Daisy's new pen.  

After 4pm I went to get my refurbished laptop, with a new battery good for 2 hours, and a newly formatted hard drive.  Now I have the fun of reinstalling my old programs and hope they will stay....

I left a set of wi-fi extenders (I paid 735,900 pesos) with the techie to try and sell.  I would be deliriously happy to get 1/2 my money back.  He has a prospect, so I will check with him in the morning.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

New door handle freshly installed

Hibiscus opening.  At least 4 to come.

Duo Roses are doing well

Just missed the dragonfly at the right...

Daisy seems to be very happy.

Newly refurbished laptop for me