Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday February 9, 2023 Daisy

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday February 9, 2023

Mom passed away this date in 2016, just shy of her 100th Birthday.  Hard to believe that it is 7 years already.  RIP Mom.  We think of you every day.

We had stars, a bright moon, pigs, horses and quiet this morning for our walk.  Whitey was missing in action.

We had Chica locked in the third bedroom to recuperate from her surgery overnight and the brat squeezed through the window slats to escape!  We really gotta watch that one!

We went out to get wood shavings for Zoonosis and for our new duck..  Then we went to Zoonosis to get the duck, which I will naturally call Daisy, although, for all I know, it might be a Donald....  Daisy is now in her new digs and appears to like it.   I hope they put better security and locks on that flimsy door...  Otherwise, a big dog like Rio will figure out how to get in eventually.

I was going through part of my supply of DVD's and CD's to see what I could give to Roger.  I had saved a lot of pictures from trips to Europe, Australia and Central America to CDs as backup so I transferred all those to my new external hard drive which is definitely coming with me.  I just remembered that I have a lot more to go through in another drawer.  Roger is coming for a batch at 7am.

At 3pm I was at my friend Wolf's for a visit but he was delayed by motorcycle problems.  I took a couple of photos on the way in.  Fabiola and Elizabeth kept me company and I showed them some of the great Travel Alberta videos to show off my province.  Wolf finally showed up, but son-in-law Alex, who had hoped to make it back from Cali in time, didn't...  They will invite me for a meal before I go.

I came back home and Cristina had slipped out to Adiela's...

At 5pm I helped Aram with another practice math test and I found a couple of questions really hard.  One had me stumped so I googled it and the question, and answer, came up.  I would never have figured it out on my own....  Giving such a test to someone with limited English skills is cruel, but Aram is determined to get his GED.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

I find this embarrassing

Daisy's new digs


Hibiscus coming finally


Daisy

Daisy bathing

Drying off

I hope she survives a while

Lots of early attention...

East of Tulua, central cordillera

Here too

Ibis

Martina, Wolf's parrot

Fabiola and Elizabeth watching the Alberta video