Monday, February 20, 2023

Monday February 20, 2023 Lizzie

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday February 20, 2023

It was only spitting as we walked under another very dark sky.  There were no pigs, and I am sure there were 4 stinky calves this time, and Handsome was visiting the mare and filly while Whitey was in his west pasture.  The house dogs were pretty good this morning, only a couple of light growl barks to contend with, except for the neighbour's dog 3 doors down...  One guy was out running and looked very fit. 

The last 2 days Daisy must be really happy with us as she has favoured us with 2 eggs each day!

After chores we took Lizzie on a last drive to LA14, Exito and back to D-Uno for groceries and supplies.  We had a bite and a coffee with Miguel at LA14 as he was there with a friend.  In a way, I am very thankful that Cristina has only shared our news with niece Ana and a couple of friends.

After putting away the groceries, I took Lizzie to the car wash down the street and asked for the best work they could possibly do, and I paid them a lot extra for the superlative job.  Lizzie goes for sale to KIA in the morning and she must look her absolute best.

While waiting for Lizzie, I decided to try to purchase Travel Assistance from Avianca, primarily baggage coverage (max $1200) because I will have my "life", such as it is, in those 2 suitcases which I cannot afford to lose.  Their site kept wanting to send me to their "Life Miles" site which would not let me do a darn thing.  Their site has a stupid BOT chat which is completely useless and totally abhorrent.  I finally got a phone number in Medellin, and got very quiet (could barely hear them) English-speaking reps but we lost connection 5 times and I gave up.  I downloaded the Avianca app on my phone, finally located the ticket number that I could not find earlier, and managed to buy the Travel Insurance for $25 USD via PayPal....  Trying to find proper help in the aviation industry is not for the faint of heart anymore.

It has been threatening rain all day, reasonably cool, but humid, with a few meaningless drops.  I will be upset if it decides to rain on clean Lizzie in the morning!

The new computer likely won't be ready in the morning as we had hoped...

Cristina has little Sofia to play games with her this afternoon and evening.  I am doing my best to watch the curling from Kamloops.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.