Friday, February 3, 2023

Friday February 3, 2023 Plans - Updated

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday February 3, 2023 UPDATED

Yesterday morning we had a nice walk under one visible star and still no moon.

Cristina went to help her sister again all day yesterday, returning 9:30pm as I was heading for bed.

A butterfly had landed on a beam in the house in the morning and was still there at bedtime, but it was gone the next morning.

So I worked on photos most of the day and fielded a couple of responses to Wednesday's Blog.  One was from an old friend I had not heard from for almost 7 years.  It is always nice to reconnect.

At 5pm I was supposed to help Aram online with practice math tests but that got postponed a week again.

 

Today we walked, saw the pigs again, picked up fruit off the ground for the mare and filly.  Still no moon or stars.  No Whitey..  We extended our walk in spite of noisy dogs and were about to turn back when I heard a whinny, so we rounded the corner and found two beautiful buckskin horses munching away.  This was near where the bevy of stinky cows used to be...  That neighbourhood thank fully smells normal again.

This morning I did poop patrol before it got too warm, cleaned up trash in the yard and watered all the plants and flowers.  It is so amazing how a little moisture can revitalize plants in a hurry.

My weather app always sends me the same prediction of possible rain in the afternoon, every single day, like that is rocket science in Latin America,... Yes, that is normal here, except it is so dry and parched out there and we haven't had a decent rain in weeks.

I stepped out to try to catch Tom again, saw there were few birds in the yard which usually means that a predator like that Yellow-Headed Caracara is roaming about...  It really likes that huge open lot on the other side of our wall, where they are trying to sell buiding lots now...

I looked up and saw buzzards, and then more paragliders from Roldanillo which is world-famous for the sport and usually holds a World Championship event in January.  I guess I missed that...  I see that several groups are offering 10-day flight programs for paragliders from around the world.  No doubt we will have overflights for days to come, it is just a matter of looking up...

I am still busy fleshing out plans for the great escape.  Things will begin to fall into place once I let the word out....  soon....

UPDATE:  Cristina wanted a ride into Tulua to see a half-brother tht has been in Panama for 12 years, to visit at a half-sister's place on the other side of Tulua.  

Be careful what you wish for.... Heavy rain hit at 4pm but we decided to go because it wasn't raining in Tulua yet.  But a mile or two out of town we hit hail and everyone was pulling over under trees for protection.   It was small marble-size hail which we have only encountered here maybe once before....  I dropped her at Adiela's with the advice to get to the half-sister's place immediately before the edge of the storm hit there.  They travel by motorcycle...

I almost dropped the news during that drive but did not want to put any dampers on their family celebration.


Heavy rain starting 4pm

Hail on Highway

The hail was noisy

The ground just sucked it in by 5pm



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Our haggard visitor

Sweet buckskins

Hibiscus is budding again

Opening so beautifully

Turkey buzzards

Circling and circling

So graceful in flight

Those are not buzzards, but paragliders

All the way from Roldanillo

Riding thermals so effortlessly

It looks so relaxing!