Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday February 21, 2023 Sold

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday February 21, 2023

Because we had heavy rain overnight I was going to cut the walk short but 2 of my stalwarts were not cooperating to poop.  We encountered 3 street dogs who made sure they woke up a whole neighbourhood while my dogs were calm and collected.  I didn't go back to bed, and it rained again while I did early chores.  

Cristina and I left about 7:45am and I dropped her off at Movistar to cancel my cel phone service as of March 1 as it is in her name.  At 8:10am I was presenting my car at KIA next door for inspection for sale.  Of course, Lizzie was dirty again with the wet roads and rain but the interior was spotless.  Washing my car is almost always guaranteed to bring rain.

I met Cristina, still waiting at Movistar, but she eventually got it done.  Apparently I will not be receiving any more bills..

We went to Bizcochito for brekky and Miguel happened to come by (second day in a row that we encountered him on the street).  That was OK too, because Cristina caught a ride with him home where they had to help some cat, etc....  I went back to the lounge at KIA, laid myself out to nap and was messaged by them before 11am to come and sign papers.

I was thankful that they basically paid me what they had originally quoted sight-unseen, less $80 USD to paint the corners scraped by the high curbs...  It was a big relief!

He gave me papers to get notarized and provided a driver to take me there.  $6 USD, with a couple of signatures, and I was outta there.  I asked the driver to allow me a quick stop at Cambio Systems to enquire about the new PC computer who said that the new tower is en route from Bogota.  I told them I will probably be back Thursday when I plan to pick up my cheque from KIA.

The manager at KIA finished the paperwork and offered to take me to an exchange place to trade the cheque for US cash after it is ready in a couple of days.  The quote they gave me easily met my expectations...  Things are coming together....

I have been watching curling while finishing the third book in my pile.  This afternoon I delivered them to Roger's girlfriend, Sandra.  I told her the news and she said that we will have to do something together before I leave, maybe Bingo near the park on Saturday!!  I can hardly remember the last time I played Bingo, nothing fancy like we had in Canada with big jackpots, etc.  

And Cristina wants me to go tomorrow to meet with her half-sisters and brothers in Tulua.  I am still on the fence on that one.  She says that Adiela hasn't been invited by anyone so I just might....

Packing is scary as I have to leave my computer tower until the last evening, so I am just collecting things in the third bedroom, crossing my fingers that I will stay under the weight restrictions....  I will need to take photos of everything I pack in case the suitcase gets lost or stolen.  That would be a nightmare for me.

No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.