Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday February 11, 2023 Utilities

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday February 11, 2023

Last night, I spent all night, until 11:30pm, trying to re-install my programs onto the laptop.  3 complications arose when I could not access the "Settings", no matter what I tried.  The power went out for about 20 minutes, ruining a lot of work.  And the Office 2013 that is installed comes up with Spanish everything and I could not fix it.

It sprinkled a bit too last night but barely enough to wet the ground.

This morning's walk was the same as the last few days, with the clouds parting enough to see the moon directly overhead with a few stars.  The pig, calves and horses were all in their places and we had very few barkers.

At 9:15am I brought the laptop back to the techies to fix again.  If the laptop can't perform simple functions, then it is of little use to me...  They are also to try to sell my superfluous wi-fi extenders...

And there was no water all morning until about 10am.  This sporadic loss of basic utilities for no apparent reason gets tiresome after a while.

I did a poop patrol and took a few pics for you.  Tom was not cooperative.  The Yellow-headed Caracara keeps passing overhead screeching, but much to briefly to get a decent shot.

For the last couple of days I have had bad tingling and numbness in my arms and hands and my right leg and foot are swollen again.  I just looked online and they suggest a compressed vertebrae in the neck would be responsible.  Well, God knows I do have that problem, usually in mild form.

Cristina went into Tulua shopping with her friend Angela.  She is planning on having her sister, half-sisters, and half-brothers here for a meal and beers tomorrow.  I plan on making myself scarce with Roger and not be in the way of a dozen people and 13 dogs,... or cause awkwardness.  To my knowledge, none of them know about my imminent departure, but I would definitely feel like the outsider at such a gathering. 

I just watched my Oilers take out the Ottawa Senators 6-3 in a matinee game.  Playoff time is not far away and, sadly, I don't think that the Oilers have the defence to go all the way....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.