Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wednesday September 8, 2021 Cheap

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday September 8, 2021

The small rain overnight is perfect to water plants and clean streets.  It is also so nice to have unpolluted fresh air to breathe.

So we were again at the new vet place in Tulua at 9 am to drop off Zorra for her treatments and medications.  There seemed to be much less vomiting overnight so we hope she is turning a corner.

While Cristina was upstairs I explored the nearby blocks of classy hardware and shops.  I really think I should get a lawnmower but I have yet to find the right size for the right price.  I did find some leather work gloves for 7,000 pesos or $1.83 USD.  My old ones have just about reached their limit.  Outside the store was an intercity bus (below), right out of Romancing The Stone.  Those workhorses carry all kinds of supplies, and people, to the small towns surrounding the city.  This one actually looked pretty new.

We searched for our favourite dry dog food nearby to no avail and then checked at Huellas back home, but they had none in stock either.  We'll check other places in the afternoon.

Then I really had a craving for bacon and eggs but didn't really feel like cooking, so we found this tiny restaurant, a block from home next to our commuter bus terminal.  I spotted a menu with an omelette containing eggs, ham, cheese, lettuce, onions and more,.. with bacon.  I had mine with the advertised artisan bread but Cristina wanted arepa instead, with coffees...  They were delicious!  And the bill was 14,000p or $3.66 USD for both of us.  I am glad that I didn't want to cook.

I got another message from Luz Dary, our Visa guru in Pereira.  It was another confirmation that she is, as yet, unable to arrange an appointment to pay the fine and get my temporary pass until the new Visa is approved and issued.  Governments in Latin America are their downfall.

Today's photos are again with the Lumix.

Update:  We picked up Zorra who seemed dreadfully thirsty.  Surprisingly, they gave instructions to Cristina to use the breathing machine now....  We picked up 2 large bags of dry dogfood and 3 bags of cat food for the Animal Park.

Once home, Zorra wanted to drink and eat verything in sight but would immediately vomit,... poor thing.  Cristina will wait for Claudia to help her arrange Zorra in a kennel with the breathing machine.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

I had to play with this....
This photo was placed on Facebook by my niece Sherry of her daughter Brooklyn, in a field...  I had to let her loose to reach the sky.............


 

Right out of Romancing The Stone

My delicious omelette with bacon + artisan bread

Cristina's with an arepa

These are my guardians while doing poop patrol

The latest bud opening

Gorgeous bougainvillea