Saturday, September 11, 2021

Saturday September 11, 2021 Disastrous

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday September 11, 2021

20 years ago the numbers 9-11 became synonymous with terror.  Everyone remembers where they were.

We took Zorra to the vet again, thankfully for the last time, and she didn't have to stay.  She came home feeling so much better with medications we can give her.  She is eating up a storm to make up for lost time and no serious vomiting like before.  That was the good news of the day...

I had parked where others were near the vet's and took Turi for a walk around the block while waiting for Cristina and Zorra.  I came back to find 2 transit cops on my bumper saying I couldn't park there...  I looked up and down, no signs, no markings on the pavement, nothing...  Then they decided not to give me a ticket for that, but for the lower offense of not having a front licence plate.  Remember that I reported it stolen in May and have a record of them receiving it but that did not sway these guys...  So now I have to go through another song and dance to pay another fine........  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Then somehow, the province decides that it wants some sort of vehicle tax on my car!!!!!  WTF??? You know how much I love any Government in my pocket..  Grrrrrrrrrrr   We will have to try to sort everything out on Monday because the local Transit Office was closed today.  The gloss of living here is fading rapidly.

I cooled down enough to watch Canadian tennis hopeful Leylah Fernandez compete for the US Open title.  She had won her semi-final match last night in stirring fashion so hopes were high.  She had her good moments, but the stats don't lie, she just wasn't as sharp as the Brit Emma Raducanu on this day, but it sure was thrilling tennis with lots of old tennis stars in attendance.  Two teenagers vying for such a title is unheard of, but then there was no Serena Williams or Simona Halep to meet along the way.  I'm only posting very few of the photos I took today.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Leylah Fernandez of Canada

Emma Raducanu of England

First set stats favor the Brit

Raducanu is just stronger and more accurate

Final stats don't lie

She can be proud

Two classy teenagers

Billie-Jean King on the right


Thanks for a great match!