Friday, March 1, 2019

Friday March 1, 2019 Rubiela


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday March 1, 2019
Happy 80th Birthday to my oldest brother Fern!  I wish that I could have been in Calgary to help you celebrate.
This morning, after chores, I did some minor repairs to the rabbit hutch.  I accidentally realized that the wire roof on the left side was not properly attached.  I am not worried about Bugs or Bunny getting out, I was worried about winged predators getting in...
Then we napped, had lunch and napped some more.
Then I began The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn and enjoyed that a lot as it flows from the Tom Sawyer story which is fresh on my brain.
Around suppertime Cristina decides that we should try again to see some of Christian's friends that we missed yesterday.  This time the lady, Rubiela, and her daughters were home, along with a cute little pug called Negro (I don't know why, only his face is black..).  They were in the process of getting manicures and pedicures so we settled in to chat.  This older fellow kept wanting to show me around so I let him.  I thought he was a neighbour, but it turns out he is Rubiela's husband, quite a bit older than she....   One of the daughters used to be Christian's girlfriend a few years ago.  These folks live on the very edge of Andalucia and had all kinds of livestock, roosters, chickens, cows (1 ready to calf in 6 days) and several horses.  The horses are of a fancy gait variety but I don't think they were Paso Fino.
Rubiela had a heart attack 4 years ago and recounted her wild near-death experience, including apologizing to God for every sin she ever committed.
My eyes caught a small collection of old cameras, including an awesome Olympus Trip 35 like I once owned...  It was a great heavy little camera that took awesomely sharp photos.  They also had 2 antique Singer sewing machines....
Cristina easily loses track of time so before 8pm I had to plead hunger pains to get back home for supper.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Negro enjoyed our company

Proud of his roosters

Pedicure time

Another similar rooster
One of the beautiful horses

And another beauty

They enjoyed the attention too

Mama cow is ready to calf

Rubiela's turn for a pedicure

Nostalgia for my old Olympus Trip 35

This one is called a Coronet

Negro taking a breather