Monday, March 25, 2019

Monday March 25, 2019 Mobile


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday March 25, 2019
Sunday we were invited to meet at the German Restaurant at 10am but I had begged off to get some sleep.  However my good wife decided that we should go so that I could leave her at her sister Adiela's after...  There was quite a group this time and it was fun, punctuated by swatting the dozens of flies that seem to like it under the awning.  
Wolf mentioned an international soccer match at 2:45 between Germany and Holland so we arranged to meet at David's for that.  Then one of the German's, Mario, invited everyone to a BBQ party he was having that night at 6pm, not too far from our old house.  He is a building contractor and apparently he is leaving Thursday to work in Germany until December.
We had a humourous moment when David couldn't figure out how he was messing the table with his German mustard...  It took us all a while to figure out that it wasn't his mustard... but was drippings from the yellow bug candle.. ha, ha.
I dropped off Cristina and rushed home to cut my cabbage for my week's lunches and looked after the dogs, then tried catch a catnap.  In my rush to get back to David's I forgot my fannypack with my glasses, camera and phone.  I realized this 1/2 way there, in the rain, and, in hindsight, I should have gone back for it.  I was lost for 10 hours without a camera.
Wolf did not make it for watching the soccer match because of the rain so I did not have to feel bad to pull for Holland, who outplayed their neighbours, but the Germans were better at finding the net (3-2).
I picked up Cristina, came back to David's while Wolf and Fabiola caught a ride there, then everyone jumped in with us. to make our way to Mario's.
The party was fun and they even brought in a band for a couple of hours.  Cristina made friends with a Colombiana, Omaira, who is rooming with a Swiss fellow named Rene, and we got invited to see their nice place tomorrow...
The host and hostess made sure everyone had food and drink while a vivacious sister helped get people on the dance floor.  
Since I had no camera, David kindly offered to take shots with his phone, so all the party shots are his.  We lasted until almost midnight and then made our way home with David in tow.  Wolf and Fabiola stayed another couple of hours and then cabbed home.

This morning it was FAA's turn to be balky with uploading my photos, but I finally got that done and managed to close my eyes for a bit before Cristina wanted to go first to help that mangy dog by putting a cone on it, but that wouldn't work.  Its neck was too big and snout too short to make it viable so they ended up getting a muzzle.  That way it could not aggravate its open sores.
Then we headed south through Tulua to Rio Frio.  Since it is a holiday here, the highways were real busy.  We caught a late lunch in the town's park before finding Rene and Omaira's place.  Rene has lived in Colombia for 12 years and has been with Omaira for 3.5.  He speaks only German, a Swiss dialect, and Spanish.  So all today's conversations were in Spanish.  I survived.  
Rene is a miniature train enthusiast and also has a huge collection of model cars, and especially VW vans.
They have a lovely large yard with many buildings and a swimming pool, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 scooters and a car.  One scooter is for sale but Cristina said NO.  The next time we go to Rio Frio, we are to bring swimsuits.
They are just 2 short blocks to the river where all the holidayers were going.  They were interested in hearing about Canada so I showed them a Travel Alberta amazing video and showed them some of my photos.  Now they really want to visit Canada. 
Of course, we made a small pit stop at the cemetery.
Needless to say the poor dogs haven't seen much of us in these last 2 days so I had better get finished and show them all a little TLC.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
David, at the German Restuarant

The cooking area

David, Fabiola and Wolf

More Germans and Swiss joined us all

This is a regular Sunday gathering

Candles to ward off the flies expire quickly

From David

The next bunch are all from David's phone

Gorgeous sunset lighting to the east
Seen from Mario's 3rd floor terrace

The driveway and garage served as the party area

People kept coming at all hours

Yours truly, lovely hostess, Mario and David

Hostess, Mario & David

Omaira and Cristina sharing a laugh

Zenaida, ??, Fabiola and Omaira

Quite an international crowd

The fellow on the left speaks good English,.. and Wolf

 
Posers

The drinks were flowing

The BBQ did its job

3 nice people and Rene

Mario kept trying to get dance partners

The hotess's sister was an amazing gal

I got to hold their Princesa

The sister and the hostess had boundless energy

The band gets things going
Fun, fun, fun

Lots of selfies with the band

You can see the heavy smoke from the BBQ

Wolf is making a documentary, lol.

The neighbours got no early sleep....

Sunday lunch in Rio Frio

Nice swimming pool, plants

Workshop, carport

Big yard

Two doggies

Poolhouse

Main house, poolhouse, and guest house

Upper floor with low roof is very warm for laundry

Over those buildings is the river

Rene collects model cars, trains

Rene and Omaira

Panorama of their large property

Gosh I love this view at the cemetery