Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday March 4, 2019 Backyard


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday March 4, 2019
Yesterday was a sleep-in day again and the most exciting thing we did was visit the cemetery before a threatening rainstorm that barely materialized.  However the vista from the cemetery was breathtaking to say the least.
Then we decided to have hot dogs but the prices seemed steep so we shared a huge, sloppy hamburger.  You know those photos where the burgers are shown about 6 inches high, well here they are often the reality as they load on more stuff than necessary and the burger itself is lost under veggies, sauces, and crushed potato chips.  delicious in their own way but horrible to handle.

In my boredom periods I often grab the Lumix, or the Canon and just go sit out back for a bit to see what denizens show themselves.  Today we had the usual turtledoves, finches and canaries, Vermilion Flycatcher couple as well as a giant butterfly for entertainment.  One can always hope to get that perfect, sharp photo of something unusual and beautiful.
I am loathe to trust my balance to climb on the roof but I have been curious to see what king of view I am missing from above, over the high wall...  So I put the Canon on a timer and tried to hold it aloft, straight, at arms-length fully extended on my monopod.  I took several pictures to get only a couple of only 1/2 decent results, but enough to rekindle my desire for a platform of some sort up above.
We went in to the Fiscalia (District Attorney) to meet briefly with the Investigator, Gustavo, to arrange a meeting for that young friend of Christian's to give his statement.  Niece Natalia was allowed to give her statement via email.  So, then I thought, what the heck, I am going to give my 2 cents worth by email too, and I did.  Gustavo is a very nice man and I really think he will get to the bottom of this situation,  however slowly.
On the way back we stopped to pick up dirt for plants and ended up getting 2 hanging basket forms and a mandarin orange tree (under $2!).
We just had a really nice thunderstorm that shut off our power a couple of times.  
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Wicked view yesterday......

Turtledove

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

Again

Kiskadee

My Nina

Negrita enjoying the sun

Turi too

Buddy really needs a haircut.

Vermilion Flycatcher

Giant butterfly

We need to get pretty high to see over our big walls

It could be worth it to catch the sunsets over that mountain range

Stay tuned.......