Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday March 15, 2019 To Cartago


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday March 15, 2019
I had asked Cristina to get the lawn guy to come today so the clippings could be thrown out with tomorrow's trash.  As usual, she listened to me and he did not come this morning as I waited, he is coming Sunday....  Grrrr.
I made up the leftover sausages from Wednesday with the tomato sauce Berthold makes at the German Restaurant that works well with sausages.  It went down pretty good!  We had no dog food ready today so they had to make do with sausages and weiners.
It was a bit of an overcast, grey day but we needed to get out so we decided to go north as far as the second toll booth, just paying for one, there and back ($6).  This took us all the way to Cartago on the way to Pereira.
I really took no photos on the way up, most of the views were to the West.  So we saw a ton of sugar cane fields and not much else.  We were gone 3.5 hours because we pulled in to check out a town called La Victoria but it wasn't much.  Wires are not buried here so many photos are ruined by their presence.
I was using the Canon today and I have to admit at being disappointed with the photos.
We stopped at the cemetery here for a few moments and I made a 360° video to show you the beauty of the place.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and video.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

 
Beautiful roads to travel on, paid for by tolls

Slow sugar cane truck train

Views above Cartago

Near Cartago

Near Cartago 2

Above Cartago
Below Cartago, big fire, probably sugar cane

Lovely view, hate the wires


The big fire makes its own cloud

Sugar cane fields everywhere

I'll bet you can't guess what is in this field

It must be big business to make people sweeter
Found a cowboy herding some brahmas

Ducks heading North

Center square in La Victoria

A view in La Victoria

This bull was loose and looking for love


More sweet stuff

Regular rain sure helps the crops

Making our way back

Dramatic skies

I love the misty mountain backgrounds

You know this shot by heart

Bird on a Wire