Monday, March 18, 2019

Sunday March 17, 2019 Racing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday March 17, 2019
Hope you had a Happy St Patrick's Day.
Saturday I accepted an invitation by David to come over at 1pm at watch SuperBike Qualification runs followed by Formula 1 Qualification runs.  SuperBikes are basically very fast stock bikes dominated by the Ducati and Kawasaki versions, depending on the track.  Ducatis shine with their amazing speed on the longer straightaways, while the Kawasakis perform the best where you have more corners.  The tires are engineered for each type of course and last barely the one race.  At times they are travelling almost 350 kms per hour!
The Formula 1 cars are the low-slung carbon-fibre speedsters that chew up tires like no tomorrow and they change them at least once, in about 2 seconds, during the race.  I am not kidding.  It takes them an average of 2.3 seconds to change all 4 tires, and the record is 1.7 seconds....
Cristina had said that she wanted to join us but begged off at the last moment.  So when I arrived at David's, his friend Wolf had also brought his Colombian wife Fabiola to keep Cristina company.  I felt so bad.
The neighbours had another all-night party and their dogs barked most of the night so I didn't get much sleep.  We were expecting the lawn guy at 8:30am and Cristina was expecting a friend of Christian's to visit so she held the fort.  
I was back at David's to meet him and Wolf to watch the actual SuperBike race at 8am.  Highlights https://youtu.be/5DNMAq1ccsE.  This was immediately followed by the Formula 1 at 9am.  This really is exciting stuff once you get into it and start to get to know the teams and drivers.  There are 10 teams and 20 drivers vying for the World Championship every year.  Race highlights:  https://youtu.be/NdD8gEGj0to.
Outside David's house, the church across the street was having a fundraiser and had the street all blocked off.  We saw them setting up the speakers for loud music so the decision was made to vacate the area for the day.  David jumped in with me and we came back to Andalucia.  He brought his Chromebook and got on my wifi to stream Netflix to my TV.  He wanted to show me the following series to get a good grounding on the teams, drivers, politics and history of recent Formula 1:
This is 10 half-hour segments and we watched them all, had a quick lunch and a quick supper.  Watching this series really opened my eyes to the names, temperaments and skill of most of the drivers, the history of the teams, etc.  Now I want to see more!  I highly recommend watching this series for those looking for something different to watch to occupy their time.  I think that I am hooked now, but probably wouldn't be, without the excellent information provided by David.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Wolf and Fabiola.  She was tired.

David, Wolf and Fabiola

Shot of the action on TV

We needed to get away from this noisy event