Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Wednesday March 20, 2019 Bike


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday March 20, 2019
So they say today is the spring solstice?  I have always used the 21st as my benchmark...  In about 18 days the sun will be directly overhead here, roughly 4.7°N, with no shadows at noon.  Then, for 6 months the sun is north of us, which always throws us off a bit.  The sun should then be overhead again on its way back around Sept 2.
I was up early as usual and struggled mightily to get the 5 heavy big bags of wet grass clippings from the back patio to the curb at the front.  I remembered to wear my back brace, always better to be safe than sorry.  I just measured finally, and the distance from back door to front door is 71 feet, or 23 meters.  And, I didn't drop a bag...!   I am so proud of my old self.
I wish I could sit and watch the garbage bags until the garbage trucks come.  We have garbage-pickers for recyclables who actually slash your bags if they are too securely tied, which of course makes it hard for the poor garbage guys later.  I am sure that the city knows who does the damage.  I wish they would fine those peckerheads for littering, wilful damage, or something.  What they pay for recyclables here is a pathetic joke.  Aluminum cans will get you the princely sum of less than 40c for a Kilo.  It takes a lot of cans to make a Kilo....
It was another relatively cool day.  The house actually got down to 23.6C at 6:30am.  We haven't been that low in a while.
We were going to go visit Omaira this afternoon but that didn't happen so we went for groceries at LA14.  We didn't need that much, just salad fixings, milk and stuff, so I actually bought a Smirnoff Vodka (750ml for under $10) and some Irish Cream (750ml for under $12) for the cabinet, oh.. and a six-pack of beer, all for company of course.  I don't drink alone.  
Cristina bought a baby outfit and several socks for the little boy just born to Christian's old girlfriend Kelly.  We also splurged on some meat.  I was shocked that the bill came to 346,134 pesos, but then, that is only $112 USD.....
We had a sandwich at the Deli that fed both of us for $1.55 USD.
I bought some reflectors for the "new" bike and installed those when I got home.  The next step is to take it to a bike mechanic for a tune-up.  It rides fine but the steering, brakes and shifters need regulating.
The neighbouring restaurant that we used to frequent for the cheap lunches had been inexplicably closed for a couple of weeks.  Cristina finally found out that the main lady has been sick....
Carlos stopped by and we mentioned the water leak in the lavanderia.  He said that he is busy for a bit but would come by soon...  I wonder if this will take another 10 Mondays or so of waiting, lol.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.