Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday March 22, 2019 Helping


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday March 22, 2019
Thursday I had just an awful morning with everything going nuts on the computer.  GMail wouldn't let me send out an obit to family members as I have always done, then it forced me to change my password again.  Grrrr  RedBubble lost 1/2 of my hard work when uploading.  Grrrrr  FAA caused me headaches, and then I had my usual conflicts with CIBC.  You write to them of your problems with their online banking and they send you these nonsensical canned responses...  Grrrrr  I should have stayed in bed...
But we had made a date to meet with David and Wolf at Berthold's German restaurant for coffee at 10am so off we went to enjoy good food and conversation.
Then I took the bike in to the bike mechanic.  More on that later.
I invited David over for a movie or two of my favourites and we ended up watching Love Actually, Bagger Vance, and The Crew.  The bed looked pretty good after all that.

Today we had a nice cool morning to cool the house down to 23C.
Guys showed up at the door to change our water regulator that is going to cost us about $70 USD.  I hope it makes some other change in our monthly bill.
I went to check if the bike was ready at 11 and they said to come back at 4pm.
Cristina had somehow agreed to help a working mom to take her sick/injured dog to the vet in Tulua.  This poor dog looked old, tired and worn out.  I called him Brutus.  It had a fractured rear leg so did not want to walk and I had to carry it.  It was ridden with mange and it had opened huge holes in its legs.  I almost gagged when the vet started removing maggots from the wounds.  He cleaned it, gave it some shots and dressed the biggest wound, then gave us supplies to take to the owner.  Poor thing.
We brought the dog back and Cristina met with another lady who was also helping.  I waited outside with my constant companions, the buzzards.  Then Cristina and Claudia came out and put this tiny Chihuahua in my hand.  Yes, I could easily cup it in one hand, way too cute and gentle and quiet.  I fall in love immediately with tiny puppies so I had to be dragged away.
Cristina was hungry on the way home so she stopped at a roadside vendor for really crispy fried chicken, for under 50c apiece!  We'll be going back there soon.
Then I went to pick up the bike at the bike mechanic.  Remember, we had them tighten the front forks, adjust the brakes, fix the derailleur for gear-changing, add fenders and a kickstand.  This sure is the place to own a bike.  The bill was 37,000 pesos, a whole whopping $11.82 USD..!!   Heck I paid almost that much for the plastic reflectors in a high-end bike shop at LA14....
Then I did a not-bad, amateurish job of personalizing the bike with CRIS with spray paint.  Anything to make it less likely to be easily stolen....
Then the paint was barely dry before Cristina used it to go to the doggie park for a bit.  The bike is a 21-speed, but neither of us want to mess with shifting all the time so it remains in middling easy-pedaling gears.  When she came back she had me lower the seat a tad.  It is all set now.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Brutus doesn't like the mange

Big open sores showing tendons, etc.

The poor guy must be tired of fighting with this

Maggots removed from his wounds... YUK...

Dr John is an amazing vet
Brutus will get better now

My ever-present watch detail

He came up for a better look

Then he decided I am not done yet

Who wouldn't fall in love with this guy

He looks pretty small in my hand

I fall in love with this look

Going back to his owner

The bike is all tuned up, and added fenders and kickstand ($12)

Now the bike is personalized...