Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday March 23, 2019 Earthquake


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday March 23, 2019
Cristina was going out to help wash the dog from yesterday, then was going to help again at the dog park.  So I asked David if he wanted to come over.   Instead he said to come over there for fried chicken and a movie so I went.
We had just sat down to eat around 1:30 when he said "Is that an earthquake?".  I stopped what I was doing and it felt like the floor was moving about 3 inches back and forth..!!  That was the strongest earthquake I had ever felt.  And we were on the ground floor of a 3-storey townhouse!
Here's the data:

6.0 quake really close, but deep

6.0 is a good-sized quake.
We drove right by that area in the past week.  Let's just say that I am glad that we have a 1-storey, flexible house.
David and I enjoyed the chicken from Frisbee and watched the first long instalment of "The Winds Of War" then he gave me the memory stick to bring home and watch the rest.  That will surely keep me occupied for a while. We are both WWII afficionados.
That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.