Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tuesday Feb 12, 2019 Sightseeing


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday Feb 12, 2019
Yesterday our family was asked to each supply a note describing the influence of our oldest brother for his 80th birthday in a couple of weeks.  The hardest task will be to keep it under 800 pages.
I also finished my Sherlock Holmes series on gutenberg.com and switched to Tom Sawyer which I might have read as a child.  Already I know that Huckleberry Finn will be next.
I also made an appointment to meet online with my financial advisor.  We did good for many years but 2018 was bad and I don't like the signals coming from the USA about a recession being possible worse than the 30's.  My crystal ball broke a long time ago but I sure would like a safer investment than the stock market for a while.
Today I suggested a little photo road trip North to the first toll station and Cristina readily agreed.  So we grabbed the Canon and went up to near El Uribe and came back.  We pulled in to an area called La Maria and took many shots around there.  It was a really cloudy day but I accepted the challenge.  It was amazing that every bovine we saw today was accompanied by one or more egrets...  I have no explanation for that, unless they like the insects associated with cattle.
Then we went into BugaLaGrande for another $1.33 cholada.  That held us well until supper time.  I also took some photos of the bust of Simon Bolivar in the park no doubt named after him.  In almost every Latin American town, the main road or square is named for him.  I wish he was around today.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Found this beauty near El Uribe

The tourist sign says this is a Colonial Chapel, probably old?

Moving dregs of the sugar cane harvest

You know I love those misty mountains to the West

A cow with 3 snowy egrets for company

This tree was old and gigantic

Another location, cow and snowy egret....

Another shot West
And another

OK, one more, with sunflowers and hibisci

I love the fan palm....

Another view

Same fan palm again

Sunflowers make anyone smile..

Flowers on both banks of this slough

Time for new runners

Stopping for a Cholada

Refreshing eats for $1.33

Church and the park in BugaLaGrande

Simon Bolivar, the Liberator

He booted out the Spanish

He is revered everywhere