Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thursday Feb 21, 2019 Backyard


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday Feb 21, 2019
Yesterday we made a trip into Tulua purportedly to pick up the autopsy findings.  You know by now my extreme cynicism with anything Government in any country, and especially Latin America...  Naturally we are to come back for this again next week...  Grrrr.   Cristina stayed in town for a while to do some shopping and visiting.
I also received, printed, signed and scanned the documents from Canada to make changes to my investments.  I am rarely right about these things but we lost money in 2018 and I am really worried that the US is going to hit some tough times when they finally get around to impeaching that self-serving moron Donald...  I hope to be in a better position if that happens.
Last night George and Rene held the first Oldies But Goodies dance at Common Grounds in Cuenca.  Apparently they had 45 people, and the photos and videos posted on our Facebook group page show people having a good time.   We wish them continued good luck.
Much of the morning was spent organizing the new plants to be coordinated with the feeders to attract the hummingbirds regularly.  We need more dirt to finish the job...  You know that our world is screwed up when we have to pay for dirt, water, and air... 
One of our hibiscus plants must really be 2 plants because 2 flowers are 2 distinctly different colours...
Our usual place for lunch was closed today so I went a block away to our second choice.  While waiting, I met this older man who spoke decent English and worked many years in the USA and has visited Canada, specifically Alberta, Ontario and Quebec.  He was very complimentary about the cleanliness of our cities and the friendliness of the people.
He said that his girlfriend also has rescued about 7 cats and 4 dogs in her home.  She is also a contestant for City Council and he invited us to come to a City Council meeting tomorrow night at 7:30 where we could meet her..  Her name is Elaine Duque, same surname as the Colombian President.
He said she is looking for aid from City Council to help stray animals and there is talk that City Council may supply her with a home….??!!  I found that very interesting....
The lunch was under $2.25 and it easily feeds both of us.  
After lunch I parked myself outside again, hoping that our Tom Thumb would be taking the bait already..  I was ready with the Canon and was using manual focus.  These new cameras anger me when you press the shutter button and nothing happend because the camera is trying to outguess you...  Grrr.  Anyway, I did get some nice shots of the Vermilion Flycatcher couple.
I read a thing on Facebook about Sweden partnering with some company to float their own cryptocurrency.  People apparently tripled their money in 4 hours.  I honestly don't know enough about this stuff to make the gamble, nor do I have ready cash to speculate.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Lower flower on a hibiscus plant

Upper flower, same plant = 2 plants?

2 hanging planters installed to attract Tom Thumb

This is one of them

This is the other

Test shot, manual focus

Second test shot

Saffron Finch

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher 2

Vermilion Flycatcher

Vermilion Flycatcher 2

Vermilion Flycatcher with liftoff

Vermilion Flycatcher in full flight


OK