Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wednesday Feb 6, 2019 El Salto


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday Feb 6, 2019
Last night we had a surprise visit from one of Cristina's uncles, brother of her Dad, named Raimundo.  He has always been single and has no children.  They talked for over 2 hours then he asked Cristina if she wanted to see her Aunties (Tias) in the El Salto area nearby tomorrow and we said "Sure".  So we made a date for him to come for lunch at 11am today.
We ate around noon and he showed up at 12:30 to eat.  It was also his 66th birthday so we went and got him a birthday pastry.  Then we were off to El Salto which is in the same area as we were at a couple of weeks ago at Campo Alegre, just a little further..
Our first stop was to see Tia Guillermina, where Raimundo spends a lot of time looking after her and their 3 dogs, a puppy named Capi, 3 months old, and his skinny Mom, and white Grandmother.  Tia G has an immense property with all kinds of fruit trees and at least 2 homes.  She had a television blaring away but otherwise everything is really rustic.  One room held an old Singer treadle sewing machine.  
I think I saw my first Praying Mantis today and I was disappointed because it was much smaller than I thought they would be... only about 1.5 inches.
Guillermina loved to talk and all I had to do was nod and smile.  She sent us off with a bunch of plantains and other fruits.
From there we went to visit Tia Nativa (different than the other Nativa in Andalucia) a little further down the road where I think 2 other uncles also reside..  Tia Nativa seemed to be blind and infirm but still able to converse.  And she also had a Singer treadle sewing machine!
While there, her daughter, Maria Auxilio, who works for the Town of Andalucia stopped by with her son.  She is on holidays so she and Cristina had a long talk while Raimundo and I had a nice little walk to the nearby Rio Cauca which is pretty wide and fast flowing.  
A storm was brewing over Andalucia so we left and took a fork that went to Tulua, thinking that it would be better road, and quicker.  I was wrong on both counts.  But we did miss the rain which must have been pretty intense judging from the rain that entered slightly in 2 spots.
It is raining again pretty hard as I write this.  The rain is very welcome.  It has been pretty dry for a while.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Auntie (Tia) Guillermina

My lovely wife Cristina

Birthday boy Uncle (Tio) Raimundo

She loved to have company and chat

She talked non-stop to me for 15 minutes

I believe they said this baby died 85 years ago

Lots of plantain trees in the huge property

More of them


One of these great bread ovens

Drying seeds in a split bamboo pole.  Loved it!

Homemade broom

Amazing handiwork

This white hibiscus was beautiful!

That is quite the fancy pistil it has

Nice depth=of-field on this artsy shot

These flowers were tiny

This is the Grandma doggie

This is Capi, the puppy

The Mom was scarily skinny though

Interesting fruit.....

My tiny Praying Mantis

Cristina, Raimundo and Tia Nativa

Maria Auxilio talking with Cristina

The second Singer....

Showing off his Futbol moves

That would have hit a regulation-sized goal...

Neat boat below us at the Riop Cauca

Cauca is also the name of the valley, and the province

This is a pretty wide river

Then a motorboat started coming upstream