Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Feb 22, 2019 Cafe


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday Feb 22, 2019
One month until spring in most parts of the world.  In Canada the last few years, there has been no spring to enjoy.
We took Cafe to the vet this morning for her final, yes final, chemotherapy treatment!  The wonderful doggie has been declared cured and is a very happy girl.  She is subservient, loves to get attention and really loves car rides.  She has turned out to be a good addition to our family and even is getting pretty good on the leash when we go out.
We made an early morning stop at the cemetery on the way back and the eastern sun was lighting up the different trees beautifully.  I was walking with cafe and I heard this awful commotion above me and I quickly snapped a bad shot of parrots squawking by.
I was experimenting with the Lumix today trying to figure out how to manual focus.  That camera has so many darn settings possible, it takes a rocket scientist to operate it.  I don't think my experiment is a great success but I always enjoy getting decent shots of colourful birds.  No sight of Tom Thumb today though, darn it.


Negrita was laying on her back in the sun, looking like she was dead, with the shadow of a circling buzzard crossing near her, so I started to go over.  She whispered to me "Get back, the buzzard is coming down...  I'll get him for you!"  Gotta love our dogs...
For lunch I barbequed steak called "lomo a la plancha" (read "flat beef").  It is so thin that it is cooked in minutes, and, smothered in Montreal Steak Spice, it is edible.  Baby potatoes with Hy's Seasoning Salt made a pretty nice meal.
I am hoping that Cristina will want to go meet this other doggie lady tonight (see yesterday's Blog).  However, if anything smacks of politics, she wants nothing to do with it, although I might find it interesting.  We'll see what happens. 
Update:  Surprisingly she agreed to go.  She called the man on my phone and he said go to the park at 7:30.  Nothing was happening at the park so we called him again.  Now they said to come to the car wash a block from our house.  Cristina recognized Eliana as someone who had worked with her sister Adiela but that was about as much as we got to talk to them.  We were seated and listened to 1.5 hours of speeches, mostly from a mayoral candidate called Nacho...  No, I am not making this up.  Then the two of them were too busy when it was over so we just came home.
 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Gotta love morning light

I think this is so pretty

Even ordinary leaves just shine

Daytime moon in the center as well

Beautiful palms in front of misty mountains

This is so ugly it is beautiful

Parrots are noisy creatures
Lovely Pieta in the chapel

Buzzards still circling me

Negrita is trying to sucker him down, lol.

Anticipating sunflower blooks soon

Vermilion Flycatcher 1

Vermilion Flycatcher 2

Vermilion Flycatcher 3

One steak

I, and the dogs, ate 4 of these

Vermilion Flycatcher 4

Vermilion Flycatcher 5