Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday Feb 17, 2019 Birds


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Feb 17, 2019
The young neighbours had a party that started about 10 last night and continued on until past 7am.  I had just run out of Gabapent purposely, deciding to do without for a while to see if I notice any difference.  I realized that losing a little sleep would be likely but, with the use of Melatonin, I hoped that it would be minor.  So last night was not a good test as I listened to the music, singing, hollering, whistling and much more, all night long.  It was also pretty warm in the bedroom with the door closed and, with only one fan going, I suffered.  Cristina can sleep through a hurricane (but not a dog vomit).
I saw the Scarlet Tanager a few times but I could not get it in the right place for a good shot.  He rarely sits anywhere for more than 2 seconds and just getting ready to shoot with the Lumix takes longer.  He almost always manages to keep his distance, especially today.
So I took a few shots, ....and yes, the buzzards are still circling me...
I gave up for a while but went out a little later and was rewarded with visits by the Vermilion Flycatcher and his wife.  I saw a tiny hummingbird about 6 times too, but he was either behind a tree or gone too fast.  Hummers are definitely not easy to capture until they get accustomed to hanging around the feeders.
We made a quick trip to the cemetery after a short rain and then to Gilma's for dog food.
It is early evening and I am really ready to hit the hay.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Turtledove

Turkey Buzzard still watching me

Turtledove

Turtledove 2

Turtledove 3

Kiskadee

Kiskadee 2

Kiskadee 3

Saffron Finch

Negrita

Saffron Finch 2

Our rose is still hanging in there

Nina attacking a tennis ball

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher

Mrs Vermilion Flycatcher 2

Turi, ever watchful

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher 2

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher 3

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher 4

Mr Vermilion Flycatcher 5

Canaries squabbling

Canaries making up

You don't love me anymore...

That darn cat torments the dogs

After a short rain at the cemetery