Saturday, February 16, 2019

Saturday Feb 16, 2019 Spiders


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Feb 16, 2019
Cristina was preparing the flowers outside so they wouldn't get damaged by the lawn guy and she broke off our pretty new rose.  It is now stuck in the dirt of an inside rose and is surviving.  We expected Leonel around 7am but he didn't show until 10am so now we have to hold the bags of clippings for Wednesday's garbage.  I also had to do a fair amount of cleanup after, so I was not too thrilled.
I got a renewal request from Smart FTP for $50 annual which I have used for years..  But today, by guess or by gosh I managed to update my 3 main websites on Tripod and Neocities by using their upload capabilities...  I am amazed that I finally got that done.
Cristina and I slipped out to D1 to pick up a few items, and that only cost $15.  Then I went to pay the electric and waters bills, each over $33.  The darn gas bill was waiting when I got home...  Grrrr.
We didn't want to go home so quickly so I just pointed the car west and we went toward Campo Alegre again.  I really didn't see anything worth photographing, I only had the Lumix, until we decided to take a back road, nicely paved, heading back east toward town.
We came by this irrigation ditch with a few buzzards and an ibis camped there.  I was wondering about the smell when Cristina pointed out a chicken farm on the other side, and the stagnant water in that canal.  There also might have been carrion close by, I am not sure.  We moved just a little further and I spotted these large spiders on the side of the road between posts and trees.  They were between 3" and 5" long in the legs and scary enough to make anyone stand back.  I remember seeing guys like this on our Amazon jungle tour in Ecuador and people were handling them.   Not me.....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

The yard always looks good with a fresh cut

This lovely rose got broken off from it's plant outside

but Cristina stuck it in the dirt with the inside rose.

Turkey buzzards have ugly heads

A group of them in this stinky locale


A face only a mother could love

This ibis is hanging around with them

Then a bunch flew into this tree

Huge chicken farm across the road

Not so itsy-bitsy, about 5"

The shots turned out pretty good

Supremely creepy to me, and most people

This guy was about 3"