Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sunday Feb 3, 2019 East Views


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Feb 3, 2019
It is amazing the animals in our neighbourhood on our morning walks.  Within 2 blocks we have a goat, several horses, dogs, cats, chickens, roosters, ducks and many denizens we can't see.  It is still usually too dark for photos as we walk before sunrise to avoid other people and their dogs as much as possible.  Now that school is back in the streets are busy early.
Saturday I got into cleaning some walls, not fun, but great satisfaction to see something clean and not embarrassing when we have company.
We did the usual trip to the cemetery and a stop at Gilma's for dog food.
After we fed the dogs I BBQ'd some cheap pork chops with Hy's Seasoning Salt, the absolute best accompaniment for pork, and had enough for 2 meals.  Mmmmm, delicious!
In the evening I decided to check and found that the Firefox browser was back working!  That sure made me happy because I try and avoid using anything Microsoft and Google, except my GMail.  Some things are just too problematic to change now.
Sunday morning was back to bed after the walk and we slept well until 10am.
After my chores we re-heated the leftover pork chops and had another delicious meal.  We were supposed to be visited by both Miguel and Lina but we never heard from them so I offered to take Cristina back on the road east of Tulua.  She jumped at the chance to get out of the house.  We turned left at the place called Tres Esquinas (3 corners) and stopped at the German place for a pastry each.  
We went 20 kms east of Tulua and back in an hour.  While the day wasn't the greates, the sun was out enough to make it acceptable, and very warm.  Some of the views are breathtaking in that range of low mountains.  The view back to the western range on the other side is breathtaking with heavy mist cloaking them.  The Canon got a little workout.
Then, on the way back, I asked Cristina if she would like to go for a cholado or an ice cream, and she was all over that,.. as long as it was a cloado in Bugalagrande, another 5 kms down the road.  No big deal...
On the way there I spotted a tent city of Venezuelan refugees not far from Andalucia.  I took photos on the way back.
We were just finishing our cholados when a young boy, Jhormann, surprised us.  His Mom, Omaira, (Cristina's best friend) was having lunch with her brother and oldest son, Jonathan, just across the street, so we went and said hello.
As we were walking back to the car we got stopped by Carlos who was also in there for cholados with Ruby!   He is apparently coming to work at our home in the morning.  Now where have I heard that before?
I will attempt to watch the Super Bowl here, in Spanish, once I am done this. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
 
Nice pastries at the German restaurant of Dave's friends

A view back west over Tulua

Lovely green country, but could use some rain

I love this little pointy mountain

Great scenery up here

I'll wash the car, then it will rain!

Cattle country, like Alberta

These darn things keep following me...

I swear this guy called my name...

Lots of mist in the distance

I never tire of mountain scenery

With mountains you have beautiful valleys

On the edge of a small town back there

How green is my valley?

Cattle like the shade

Lots of trees that provide nice shade

See the small trees at the top of those 2 mountains?

Bugalagrande church

Yummy cholado is $1.30

Omaira, her bro, Jonathan and Jhorman

St Paul?

St Peter?

Line-ups for cholados

Tent city for Venezuaelan refugees

Lots more tents out of view....