Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Feb 8, 2019 Time


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday Feb 8, 2019
Thursday I took Cristina's advice to use some Nimesulida pills which help for pain and inflammation.  I don't like any drugs and the Gabapent sure doesn't seem to have helped much over 2 years so I may just phase them out.  This new stuff is not for continuous use and can be hard on the liver so I will watch myself there, but they seem to help.  I am not noticing as much arm pain.
We ran out and paid my cel phone bill and was pleased to see that Bancolombia has a mini-branch 3 blocks away now so we can access cash more securely than using the local bank machines.  Then we headed into Tulua to get veggies and a few other groceries.
To while away the evening, after I read another Sherlock Holmes instalment, I worked on photos.  The first photo I worked on for 2 hours, and in all that time I did not realize that the photo was of Cristina's 2 great-nephews in costume!  It wasn't until I went to save the new artwork that I saw the photo caption..  Then I continued working and ended up going through to the end of 2018, which is the most up-to-date I have been in years!  I can afford to be more selective in what I work on because I have that huge backlog to work with.  
Today, Feb 8, is the 30th Birthday of the oldest grandson, Cody.  Happy Birthday Cody!  May you grow up soon.
Cristina thought that today was a possibility for the delivery of the new king-sized bed (I know they said Feb 9) and I wanted to get things done in advance anyway, so we took apart the virtually new bed in bedroom #2 which is being donated to her sister Adiela and put it aside.  Then we moved the double bed from the main bedroom over to the second bedroom without too much problem.  That also gave us an opportunity to clean both bedrooms.
I have heard nothing more from NetTalk who have now refused to refund this year's renewal when I have had zero service.  So, I am officially trashing them in every corner available from now on.  It is amazing when you go looking for reviews of these VOIP services to see the lousy service rendered by almost all of them.  I still don't know what I am going to do....
Then it is also over 2 years since I lent some money to a person actually running for mayor in Cuenca.  I have had many empty promises of repayment and I now know that I will ever see a dime of it.  Neither a borrower nor a lender be...........
Then Cristina decided she wanted curtains to cover the open closet in bedroom #2, so we measured for that (6' wide) and she went to get small curtain rods and holders and she came back with 2 sets.  She had decided that she wanted to do the same in the main bedroom but didn't measure... That closet is 7" wide...
I went to work on closet in bedroom 2, never knowing what to expect once we drill into the walls here, usually hollow tile, cement block, brick, or plain old concrete.  This one shocked us with heavy metal studs inside!  We wrecked a lot of the outside plaster in the process but perseverence allowed me to get 4 solid screws in place.  The curtains she put up are too long so she will be buying new, cheap, shorter curtains.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Before

After