Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday Feb 11, 2019 Cafe/Vet


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday Feb 11, 2019
We made it to the vet's office by 6:50am but there were already people who had dropped off animals before us.  We had to wait more than 1/2 hour while he sterilized 2 kittens.  There were at least 6 kittens/cats there today and our Cafe appeared to be the only dog.  1 cat and 2 kittens in the one room all had such interesting facial markings.
Cafe is doing exceedingly well with this vet and his choice of chemotherapy.  After today, Cafe should only need the one last treatment and chalk up another successful rescue by Cristina.  Cafe is such a shy dog that loved to be shown any attention, and she sure loves to ride in the car!
We made an unusual morning stop at the cemetery briefly.  Lots of beautiful cloud and mist made the view especially beautiful.  They have partially dug up the grave next to Christian only 1/2 way.  It appears to have wooden casket remnants scattered around, and yet there is concrete covering a tomb further below for certain.  It has been this way for a few days now.  Very strange.
I saw a larger than normal bird fly into a distant treetop so I zoomed the Lumix to its full 30x and was surprised to see that this was a parrot.  I hear groups of them fly by every 2 weeks or so, they are so very noisy, but rarely get to see one.
Since we would be barbequing in the next day or two, I was getting concerned that my medium-sized tank was feeling decidedly lighter.  So I ordered another medium tank, filled, and that cost around $27.  Better safe than sorry, than to have company over, and run out of gas.  I, myself, am more frequently running out of gas lately, but I am a little harder to re-stock with energy.
For lunch, I decided to try to cook up that thick-sliced "bacon" that I had bought at the local butcher.  It certainly wasn't bacon, closer to what they make salt-pork or chicharon out of, .. and I had also made scrambled eggs with sour cream in the bacon fat.   We had some pork chops ready to BBQ later but those can now wait until tomorrow.  This meal was decidedly tasty and mega-heavy on the tummy.
We actually both happily collapsed into bed for a welcome siesta, Cristina much longer than me.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Grey kittens with white face markings

This one had a vivid gold facial stripe!

Cafe is waiting her turn

Short legs like a weiner-dog, so sweet

I am sure that she knows she is better

This is a WOW shot I think!

Mr Parrot, very far away

The bacon being fried

Mmmmm good!


OK