Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday Feb 9, 2019 King Bed


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Feb 9, 2019  Updated
The fellows with the King-sized bed showed up around 10:30am.  The big mattress was in plastic and the smaller box springs were together, also in plastic.  We took apart the box springs, hunted high and low but could not locate the feet for them.  They did not appear to be in the other plastic either.  I had asked the delivery guys 3 separate times for the feet and they swore they were there in the packaging.
"..but I couldn't find my feet!" ... the line from "Summer Wine" by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood keeps running through my head now...  Love that tune.
Oh heck, you may as well enjoy it too:  https://youtu.be/Gl6V-EN37PI
So we jump in Lizzie and head to the mattress store at La Herradura to get there before their noon siesta time.  The nice girl, Veronica, had only 3 replacement feet but promised to try to get hold of a compatriot to hopefully deliver the feet to us at home later.
While at La Herradura we each had a forgettable $3.35 daily special lunch of chicken and mushroom on burnt plantain, with a drink.  Time to go back to a hamburger diet I think...
We stopped at the cemetery on the way back and were pleased to see the freshly painted archway leading to the chapel.  Very eye-catching indeed!
So I conviced Cristina that we could put down the bed without the feet and worry about the feet installation later.  So we fully unpacked everything and, lo and behold, below the main mattress were the 8 little feet...  Time to eat crow as we called the store on our house phone to apologize...  We finally got through about 2:50.  Looking forward to a decent sleep in the new bed tonight!
I had also been looking at my sad hummingbird feeders the last few days so today I decided to bring them in, clean them again and refill them.  Now, if we can just get Tom Thumb and friends to visit them, we will be happy retirees.
A surprise visit from Carlos with his tree-spraying equipment got me all excited this afternoon.  He will be back early in the morning to do the actual spraying, he said.  Where have we heard that before??  Ooops, the cynic in me keeps popping out in Latin America.
Now I am on an old music kick again....
Cristina's niece Ana was to come for lunch, but she got a better offer for lunch so that was changed to 1:30.  (They showed up just before 5pm.)
Ana and friend Vicky

Photobombed by Nina

Cristina joins them
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Big mattress on left, 2 bases unpacked on right... no feet in sight

The feet screw on here, "but I couldn't find my feet"

I won't be rushing back to have that lunch again

Gosh I think this is pretty!  Great sky too!

See the liitle feet as we set up

The comforter is really just protection from the dogs.

Looking forward to a nice sleep tonight

Tom Thumb enticement #1

Tom Thumb enticement #2

Tom Thumb enticement #3