Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thursday Jan 3, 2019 Buying


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday Jan 3, 2019
We decided to return Lorena's dog (another named Nina) to her this morning because it was afraid of all our dogs and just hid in a corner by the car all the time.  I think Nina was glad to get back to familiar surroundings and have the run of the street.
We also went to the cemetery early in the morning, rather than in the late afternoon when it is always quite warm.  Carlos had finally gotten around to making a frame around the garden and that makes a huge difference to keep the moisture in the right place.  The plot is really quite impressive.
Someone also planted a flowering bush in the center of the late great-grandmother's grave and it now has nice purple flowers.  Very nice addition.
Then we decided to zip in to LA14 in Tulua for a few things.  Big mistake...  Cristina has always complained that I use too many fans to cool the house, but yesterday she said we needed more, especially a desk model to use in her TV room....  Needless to say, that was our first purchase.  Now we have 7 different fans.....
Anyone who knows me, or the Type-A personality (tempered with age), knows that we can never have enough storage cabinets so everything can be kept in its proper place.  I wanted one for the laundry room (lavanderia) to double as a table when needed.  I found one that is deep enough for just over $70 and figured that this cabinet would also be deep enough to store my growing tool collection, so I bought 2 more.  They will deliver them either Saturday or Tuesday.
We sat around waiting for a visit from Jessica, Christian's last girlfriend, but she did not get in contact so she also did not show.  Apparently she sold her moto so she would have been coming by bus and having to return to work tonight in Cali.
I had a bit of a scare when I couldn't bring up my phone, but got a symbol with a yield sign sporting an exclamation point.  I didn't for a second think that it was out of juice but I plugged it in anyway and it revived...  Whew!  I have most things backed up in other fashions but it is still a colossal nuisance to lose the information that is so handy there.  I am careful not to use my phone for any banking or anything really important anyway, just in case of another theft.
After a quick nap I chopped up a big head of cabbage for a week's salads.  There was only a little bit left over so I with oil, vinegar, salt & pepper and some Kraft mayonnaise that I found here.  OMG what a difference using mayo from home.  It was combined with Heinz Ketchup which will be a real treat after the tasteless stuff they have here.  There really is no substitute for the best.
Then I heated up three cobs of corn in the microwave and enjoyed that with the requisite butter and salt.  More of life's little pleasures.
Then I happened upon a quirky movie on TV called "The time of their lives" with Franco Nero, Joan Collins and Pauline Collins.  I had to check IMDB to see that the two women are not related.  I have a lot of respect for people who are able to show their wrinkles and make fun of themselves.  Many of us are not made that way.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
A new wood border for the gravesite

That helps keep the water where it is needed

Even from the back it looks good

Great-grandma's grave with flowering bush

Another hot day

Artwork in a small restaurant at LA14

The little storage cabinets we bought

And the table fan