Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday Jan 14, 2019 Mice


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday Jan 14, 2019
Cristina made a grisly discovery with her soaking unmentionables this morning, Speedy Gonzalez looking peaceful but quite drowned.  I would think that a mouse has to be pretty brave to come into a house with 8 dogs, so that may be why he ended up in his unintended bathtub.  We were wondering if it was the same little mouse from yesterday, but I doubted that.
We had another nice lunch from across the street and then I grabbed the Sony and its 75-300 lens and went to the backyard again.  I just wanted to try the Sony which takes sharp pictures and is way better in low light.  Today has been completely overcast all day so actually it was a good choice.  The Sony has its definite place in my arsenal but I must remember that its shot lag is bad and the auto-focus is always in motion.  I also have to use the viewfinder to shoot.  Its saving grace is the usual crispness of its shots.  I even used the manual focus for most of the shots.
Cristina says the brown birds are called "tortola" which is turtledove in English.  I looked up the yellow birds and came up with the Saffron Finch (pinzón de azafrán).  I was pretty sure that they were finches because of the beaks and confirmed this with the Merlin app.  We also seem to have some faded grey and yellow Wild Canaries which are not as colourful as the finches.
No visits from Tom Thumb today so I didn't get many different shots than yesterday, although I did get a live mouse way at the back again.
We had to visit Lina again today to take photos of another small rescue dog up for adoption.  However a neighbour adopted the dog so all is well.
I watched Aquaman tonight from a bad Chinese DVD.  Gosh I hate movies with monsters.  Then I watched Wind River on TV, in English, supposedly in Wyoming, or was it Montana, but almost everyone was Canadian, including Graham Greene and Tantoo Cardinal.  It was not bad at all.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Turtledove and Saffron Finch

Turtledove

Turtledove, Wild Canary and Saffron Finch

Turtledove, Wild Canary and Saffron Finch

Saffron Finch

NeNe and Nina

Cafe and Negrita

Topo Gigio

again