Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tuesday Jan 15, 2019 BBQ fun


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday Jan 15, 2019
Another month half-done already!  Too many dogs on the bed make sleeping really difficult so I could see a nap as a necessity later.
Cristina had bought some beef for roasting at the ARA store, 1 lb for about $3.50 and she wanted to try BBQ'ing it so we did that for lunch, along with some local sausages.  She did up some of the instant mashed potatoes and it was a good lunch indeed, for us and the dogs.  This meat actually came out better than the fancy beef I had bought at LA14 last time.
Tom Thumb is avoiding me.  I was only using the Lumix today hoping to catch Tom with its monster 30x zoom.  Instead I got more of our Saffron Finch, the dogs, plus one of our tiny Gecko friends.  This was the first time that I can recall seeing a 2-colour gecko....  At first, I couldn't find anything like it online so thought maybe we had a new species???  But later I found the Red-headed Gecko here https://travel.mongabay.com/colombia/images/colombia_2855.html

Bugs and Bunny are almost completely recovered from the mange and are completely at home with each other in the hutch. 
Please bear in mind that these photos are all taken hand-held from a reasonable distance.
I came in and worked on the first batch of pics then, for some reason, went outside with the Lumix again.  This time I also caught the darn cat that makes the dogs go crazy when it walks the top of the wall.  Tom Thumb also showed up for about 6 seconds and I just pointed and shot a burst but missed him entirely.  The Scarlet Tanager and the Turkey Buzzard also made very quick appearances so the rushed photos are not great.
Late PM nap happening..
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
BBQ cooking nicely

Almost done

Supervised by NeNe and Princesa

Cafe and Turi

Cafe

Mariposa

Nina and Mariposa

Couldn't wait to dig into the steak and sausage

Always feeding - 3 species

Red-headed gecko

Not a new species, boo hoo.

Head is red, body is green

He's about 4" long

Wild Canary.  Poor shot.

Bunny is looking much better.  Has he ever grown!

Bugs is also better but not liking the heat.

The Saffron Finch 1

The Saffron Finch 2

The Saffron Finch 3

This cat gives our dogs fits

The Saffron Finch 4

Need a sequel to That Darn Cat

She's from the neighbour across the street

Bad shot of the Scarlet Tanager

Nina was on lookout duty

Buzzards still hunting for me

I am learning to avoid them, lol.