Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday Jan 19, 2019 Parade


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Jan 19, 2019
I worked on yesterday's Blog until past 1am and was still out with the dogs at 5:45am and even going back to bed doesn't cure how tired I was all day.
I took Cristina in to Tulua to her sister's because the two of them made a trip to Cali Hospital to visit a sick relative from their hometown.
I made the decision to switch the Lumix back to shooting RAW.  It takes great JPG shots but the restrictions in the post-processing are huge.  The first 3 flower pics are taken RAW with the Lumix.  I saw them in the sun with a nice shadow of the pistil and I rushed to get the camera.  By the time I got outside the clouds had moved over the sun, drat...
Cristina messaged me that Gilma and family wanted to come and sit on our sidewalk to watch a parade that was to start at 3pm.  Of course the parade doesn't get here until well after 4pm, the roads are blocked off, and only Angela's hubby and the 2 boys showed up with another couple part way down the block.  That was OK with me, even though I had made preparations for 6 of them, because the neighbours from across the road came and rudely (to us) set up camp in front of our house.  Even when I told them that I was expecting a family to show up they did not move...  Latin American me-first attitude again.
I dug out the Sony again because of the quickly failing light around 5:30.  It was a good thing too, because the attractions would move from sunlight to shade as well at the beginning.
The firetruck led floats with the 8 Miss Andalucia contestants and you can easily tell my favourite (I showed you her name).   After that there wasn't much to write home about and at times there were 20 minute gaps between action passing by.  One of Cristina's aunties was with a group of old people dancing.  I couldn't bear to wait anymore for more dance troupes and I came in to process the photos.
I slipped out and ordered a burger finally at the corner place that doesn't open until 6.  He made me an American-style charcoal grilled burger with bacon, onions, etc, with fries and a coke for under $5.  So far, that was the best burger I have had in Colombia.  I was too busy eating to take a photo...
Cristina didn't get home until late.
Again, I am not going to bother with captions.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friend Nancy