Saturday, January 5, 2019

Saturday Jan 5, 2019 Clipped


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Jan 5, 2019
After the dog walk and chores, Cristina decided that it would be a good day to get our 3 hairy monsters some haircuts again.  The heat is returning and I feel so sorry for the dogs in those heavy fur coats.  For under $7 each it really is a no-brainer, however my opinion to clip them right down for their comfort goes for naught.  Her opinion that they look cute takes precedence.
Cristina mentioned cooking the "bacon" we bought for lunch and I had immediate cravings.  This "bacon" is closer to salt-pork, cut thickly, and usually used here for a delicacy called chicharon (not to be confused with the pastry of the same name).  This is the fatty bacon close to the skin which needs to be cooked about an hour before it is edible, however it really is a decadent treat.  For some reason, I was not impressed with my sides of eggs and toast today.  They took away the enjoyment of the bacon.  
Then it was nap time before going to pick up the dogs at 4pm.  They really do look good however I feel so sorry for Buddy who has such a thick and fast-growing coat. They only trimmed about 1/2 of it off.
At 5pm we were off to the cemetery again to get new flowers and to pick up some arepas cooked nearby which Cristina likes to re-heat for breakfast.  Arepas are a staple food here, but have a taste somewhere between sawdust and cardboard in my book.  Unless you fill them with something that tastes good, they just make me want to gag.
I watched another of those cheap street movies and the quality is just what you would expect from cheap Chinese copies.  But beggars can't be choosers around here.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

Decadent breakfast

It really tastes much better than it looks.

Our new NeNe likes his cut

Princesa is back to her hotdog look

Poor Buddy will be a mass of hair in no time

A new angle of the mountains west of us

The mistiness just doesn't show up well in photos

Almost sunset