Saturday, January 19, 2019

Friday Jan 18, 2019 Horse Parade


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday Jan 18, 2019
The temperature was climbing steadily again today from 24.6C at 7am to 29.7C at 2pm, inside the house.
We knew the Paso Fino horse parade was gathering at the north end of town around 3 pm so I had the bright idea to go there and catch them at the beginning, with maybe a nicer background.  The idea was sound but the organizers would not let us past so we had to turn around and come back via the same single road into town.  All the other roads were closed off already.  
So we came home, fed the dogs, fed ourselves, and waited.
Right around dusk, the parade came down our street, led by the ubiquitous firetruck and the beauty queens from yesterday on horseback.  That was a good start.
I was again using the Sony, with the short lens this time, and with the flash.  I tried to take some videos with my phone but, every time I was ready, the horses weren't doing the fancy stepping, they just stood around until I put the phone away....
In a previous post here I had a Youtube video showing the fancy high-stepping gait of the magnificent Paso Fino horses.  I hope that you have all seen it.  It is a good thing that the group would stop and rest every 1/2 block because the horses worked up sweat quickly in this heat, and I never saw anyone watering any of the poor horses either.
These photos are literally right outside my front door.  Cristina had some friends sitting on our sidewalk to enjoy the parade.  At times the horses come uncomfortably close to stepping on our toes...  They are truly magnificent animals, well trained, and in good shape, but on the high-strung side.
I took originally 160 photos and weeded out a lot, staying mostly with just the pretty Colombianas on horseback.  There had to be about 4 times as many men but, for some reason, they just aren't as photogenic.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  I didn't count, but there must have been almost 1,000 horses in this parade.
I am not going to caption every photo.  The beauty queens are at the beginning with the sashes.  Around 2/3 of the way somewhere is another famous Latin singer in a pink shirt and white hat, on horseback too, getting his photo taken with the bunch that was visiting with us.  Other than that, the photos are mostly of the lovely horses and ladies of Colombia.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.