Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Jan 13, 2019 Birds


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Jan 13, 2019
Cristina suggested going into Tulua for a movie, which would naturally be in Spanish, but changed her mind later.
So, after chores, a nap, a lunch from across the street, I decided to make more OJ and Cristina obliged me by getting more ripe oranges off the trees.  
Then I decided to take advantage of some cloud and try to get more photos of Tom Thumb.  I took out the Canon once again with the monopod this time,...  and a chair...  So I got some shots of the yellow and brown birds, vultures, dogs, moon, and the  yard, before Tom decided to show himself in the shade briefly again at the orange tree, so I only got one bad shot.  He avoided the bougainvillea and the hibiscus and the feeders.  So, it is therefore a project for another day again.
The dogs have been really active at every noise today, so they have good ears.  But I am the only one who caught the movement of a tiny mouse at the base of the wall today.  That must be what interests Princesa so much at times in that area.  I am thankful that I have such good eyesight after the cataract surgery many years ago.
We made a quick trip to the cemetery to add yet more flowers and then stopped at D1 (pronounced Day-uno) for needed supplies.  We got 3 packages of sausages, 7 bags of chips, 5 bags of peanuts with raisins, 2 2-litre bottles of juice, 2 sticks of butter, 1 package of cookies, 2 packages of saltines, and more, for $22.  That is one reason why I live in South America.  I could not afford rent and groceries in Canada...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Yes, more ripe oranges

They not only look delicious..

they make great sweet juice that is good for us

It looks like a dance but it is a battle for eating rights

Dive bomber in action wins the day
Both hibiscus plants are blooming after an overnight rain

Lots of blooms on the yellow one

Here's another

The bougainvillea beckons to Tom but he is not listening

Even a whole bush of them is not working today

Princesa, Nina and Mariposa are play-fighting

These are our active dogs

Yellow birds missing a banana tree

NeNe doesn't care at all

An old photographer sitting in the yard (summer haircut)

3 feeders, 2 hibiscus and a rose.  No hummer.

What's all the fuss about?  The old guy can't catch up to me!

Most of the back yard

Large black bee circled...

Bugs and Bunny's home

Daytime moon

Tom Thumb is just below the oranges

Buzzard(s) circling some old photographer in the yard

Nope, he's not ready yet.

Turi looking alert

Turi not looking alert

Mouse at the crook in the cement

Mouse coming out to play