Sunday, January 13, 2019

Saturday Jan 12, 2019 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday Jan 12, 2019
The electricity went out in the midst of uploading my photos to RedBubble and Fine Art America.  Luckily I did not lose any of the work in progress.
It was a hot, sunny day with not much to do so I grabbed the Canon and the tripod and went to the back yard again.  The brown and yellow birds have a running battle at the bird feeder and we are sure supplying a lot of crushed corn for their benefit.
Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a familiar movement behind one of the orange trees.  FINALLY!  I saw my new friend who will also be named Tom Thumb.  This Sparkling Violetear, very tiny, then zipped over to the bougainvillea bush and spent some time there.  He does not seem to have found our feeders yet but we are sure that will happen in time.
I took many shots and finally put the camera on the "Sports" setting to get rapid-fire stop-action shots and was certain that I had some good ones.
I came back in to process the photos and the last half of my photos would not load.  It forced me to format my card, losing all those photos.  I guess we will have to wait to try again.  Sorry.
I took Cristina into Tulua to help Adiela check out one of their dogs that got adopted out late and was sick.  They brought medication for it.
We had 2 parades, led by the firetruck, down our street.  I think the first one was for a political candidate and the second was for Miss Andalucia.  They went by so quick I didn't even have time to grab a camera.  The main problem too is that I am usually only clad in shorts and hesitate to to outside like that when a crowd has gathered. LOL.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK

 
The battles are constant

There are about ten birds on the ground as well

The yellow birds have the upper hand on the deck

They chase the brown birds away

See the one hanging upside down?

It looks like he is trying to hide better

Lovely birds for sure

Always one is in motion

They go through a ton of food

You are going to have to enlarge this to see Tom

He is pretty small

Barely the size of my thumb, hence the name

I'll get better shots next time

Hooray!  Tom is here!