Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday Jan 20, 2019 Funeral


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday Jan 20, 2019
Really slept in again this morning.  I needed that.
I did a little cleaning up front and back then got ready to go out.
Cristina said the grandfather of one of Christian's friends died yesterday and was being buried today at 3pm so we rushed to the chapel at the cemetery.  Even Carlos and Gilma came.
The deceased was named Nelson Trujillo and he must have been pretty important in Andalucia because it was SRO, at least 200 people in attendance.
I couldn't stop looking at the coffin.  It looked old, falling apart, and wouldn't stop an ant.  I was worried that the old boy would come tumbling out of the poorly constructed cheap box.  Honestly, I thought it was a complete disgrace.
During the service I got a message from Dave and Irma asking us to join them in Tulua at an outdoor bar near their home.
We went and enjoyed some really good 5.5% German beer along with some premium potato chips along with their great company.  We always have a good time with them, being world travelers and all.  
Then we all went across the street and had some empanadas at the bakery across the street.  The dogs were quite happy to see us when we returned.
Today on Facebook my brother posted something nostalgic about the smells of a real bakery.  Here in South America it really is like being thrown back to the 50's because there are an abundance of bakeries however mostly it is buns and sweets, no real good loaves of bread.  We have a bakery a block away in two directions...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
The little chapel was really overflowing today

Luckily we got there early enough to get seats

This is just part of he crowd upon leaving

Many crowded to watch the interment

You know I couldn't resist

Irma and David = fun people

Taken by Irma

I shouldn't talk while they are snapping