Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Tuesday Jan 1, 2019 River Walk

SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday Jan 1, 2019
Last night was a cacophony of karaoke, firecrackers, fireworks, burning effigies and dancing in the street.  As I walked the dogs late at 6:30am, all of this was still happening in the streets down from us.  Needless to say we did not get much sleep.
Happy New Year’s everyone.  So, I have now turned to age 69.  It was always easy to tell my age, no matter the day of the year, as long as you knew what year it was.  For the first 50 years we subtracted 50.  After 2000, we added 50, easy-peasy…
The birthday greetings keep coming, Thank You all.  After I read 69 of them I will quit.. lol.
Cristina wants me to bury the hapless chicken killed by the dogs.  I refused.  We are not running a pet cemetery in the backyard, plus I have a real problem wielding a shovel in the ground.
I made another huge pitcher of garden-fresh OJ.  One of life's little pleasures.
After a nap we went out to find a place to eat.  There is a good restaurant within a block that we have enjoyed only once before, and they were open.  They serve sumptuous meals on the high-side price wise.  I had the 3 meat dinner while Cristina had the fish with soup.  Also included is a small pitcher of juice and the bill came to 32,000 pesos, or about $10.66.
On the way home we saw the aftermath of an accident involving 2 motorbikes, surrounded by a lot of others.  It was bound to happen eventually the reckless way they drive.
Cristina said she had to wait for Ana to come and visit in the afternoon, either alone, or with most of the family if Miguel allows them the use of the car.  As of 7pm she still had not shown up.
We had been invited to go drink beer by the river by Carlos at 11am, then changed to 2pm.  We were supposed to be joined by his girlfriend (name is Ruby, not Nancy) and his family.  I decided to go along just to get out for a bit and enjoy my birthday differently.  Waiting for in-laws didn’t sound like my idea of a birthday celebration.
Carlos shows up alone on his bike..  Ruby has a headache and I don't know what happened to the rest.  I had decided to treat my Turi for an outing, so we took the car.  There were very few clouds and the sun is relentless.  I am never very interested in wetting my tootsies, especially in a place that is all rocks.  At my advanced age, ahem, I don't need to be breaking anything.  I also didn't want to be in wet clothes.  Carlos has no such compunctions so he took a surprisingly very reluctant Turi into the river which had a lot of patrons today, many others also with dogs.  Turi has webbed feet and a pretty waterproof coat which suggest hunting dog heritage but she didn't like the water much.  She is truly the cleanest dog I have ever seen and that is part of the reason we adopted her.  Oh well, I am not a hunter anyway.
Carlos washed and walked Turi then good-naturedly dunked himself totally before we went on a long walk for him and Turi to dry off.  I don't know how many vehicles and bikes were in this span of the river but it was easily in the hundreds.  And 2 beer in this heat doesn't even fizz on me.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.