Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Oct 17, 2018 Goodbye Cecilia


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday Oct 17, 2018
On Tuesday morning we were invited for coffee at the townhome of Dave and Irma, 2 white faces that I recognized at LA14 from Cuenca.  They live in Tulua just behind LA14 and we had little trouble finding it.  While I had my camera with me I completely forgot to use it.  Dave is from the USA and met Irma from South Africa on a dating site online and I had met them at Joes' in Cuenca.  It is amazing to fathom the incredible reach of the internet, which we need to keep out of the paws of all Governments, especially the overbearing USA.
Then I dropped of Cristina and Cecilia downtown at noon because Cristina said they had only a few items to get.  By the time 6pm rolled around I was getting frantic and her phone kept going to voicemail.  Finally at 7pm I got through and they were on their way home, but being gone 8 hrs sure had me in a tizzy.  And they had the nerve to chide me for being worried...
This morning I was feeling a tad queasy but we got Cecilia all packed up and left for the Cali airport around 11:30.  The traffic was light both ways and we got her there easily 2 hours before the International flight as required.  In line behind her was an obvious gringo so I struck up a conversation.  He was from Atlanta, Georgia and headed to spend a week in Cuenca.  Of course I told him to visit Joes'.  Then he asked my name and said that he knows a Mike Bourassa in Atlanta who is an electrician.  Funny, because my cousin Mike Bourassa is a plumber in Okotoks...
We stopped at KIA because I thought my car had a 3-month check-up due, but it is only due at 6 months or 5,000 kms.  I already have 3,500 kms on it.  Then we stopped at the doctor and Cristina made a Nov 2 appointment for consultation about her tumor.  Apparently the doctor is still recovering from an infarction...  I have had enough of the runaround with the public system and am willing to pay to get her a complete hysterectomy to eliminate all her problems at once at a private clinic.
Then we hit the Dollar City store and picked up a lot of items, including some nightlights that I was positive I had bought at HomeCenter but couldn't find yesterday.  The old memory is really slipping.
We had picked up some new artificial flowers (have to be blue) for Christian's grave as well so that was the next stop.
One more stop to get a few snack supplies and I was ever so happy to get home to our puppies.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Cali airport, TAME counter run by Avianca employees.

Spectacular view below a tree with big yellow flowers.....