Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tuesday Oct 30, 2018 Blanco


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday Oct 30, 2018
Yesterday, while walking to a grocery store we helped some people corral a loose dog.  Then the Mom came on her scooter with the dog and questioned us if we knew the owners.  Cristina had the lady send her a  couple of photos and we had Adiela post the lost dog on her pet site.  Then the Mom informed us that the "owners" had been located but the witch of a wife threw the dog back out into the street.  So we ended up with the dog, which we temporarily called Blanco, until it could get adopted.  Blanco just whined all night and we got no sleep at all.
This morning the plan was to get Blanco clipped and take new pictures and there were already a couple of bites for adoption.  However, as luck would have it, the previous owner recognized this as their dog that had been stolen a while back, so we skipped the clipping and Cristina and Adiela took Blanco in to them.  The dog was apparently very happy to be back with his true owners.  Reunion stories are always nice.
After I signed out at 10am from my 8am driving class they wanted me to sign in again and come back at noon to sign out but I had to decline because we had these plans to go into Tulua and could not possibly be back at noon.  Nowhere had they given me any indication that I was to have a second class and they seemed upset that I couldn't fill that slot..  We'll have to see what happens tomorrow and get a schedule in writing...
I still have not heard back from NetTalk whether they will send me the new Duo here or not if I pay any shipping charges....  I don't know why they are not getting back to me...   I feel so lost without it.
We have been trying to get the whipper-snipper guy to come and cut our lawn without success.  He is never home when we stop by, and hasn't called us or come by today to do the work.
I collected brother-in-law Miguel in Tulua and, after a last-minute electrocardiogram appointment for him, we went to find out where to file my report for the stolen passport, cedulas and birth certificate.  We finally got to a place that was more of a copy-center than a police station but, for a little over $1, they did the report online for us and gave us an original and 2 copies.  Now nothing will ever come of this because there is no money in it for the corrupt police here.
Next we tried to find a place to FAX my signed requests to CIBC in Okotoks to send me my money by wire transfer, as they insisted.  Colombia is a country of contradictions, which still uses carbon paper, typewriters and dot matrix printers, (much like Ecuador), but yet is quite internet savvy and everybody has a cel phone.  We tried internet cafes, copy centers, forwarders, banks, and more, and no luck...  Almost everybody tried to send us back to the place that took our police report, and they all offered to send the documents electronically, buy nobody had a working fax machine...  I checked out a couple of android fax apps but they all seemed to be scams.
So, when I came back home, I scanned the signed documents and sent them again to the Manager at the Okotoks branch in PDF form.  I still expect her to refuse to accept them that way but I did suggest that my only other option is to email the documents to a friend in Okotoks and have them print and fax them to the bank.....  Just silly, isn't it??
So, when I feel up to it I will tackle the forms to get my new passport, get new photos taken, get a guarantor and 2 references.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Blanco 1

Blanco 2

Blanco 3