Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tuesday Oct 2, 2018 Critters


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday Oct 2, 2018
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Germain, Leonie, Rebecca and Billy-Jo.
Yesterday was mostly a day of rest, TENS machine working overtime on my back while I worked on photos because I am so far behind.  Then I made a mistake in my way of saving them and had to re-number the whole works and that really made a mess of my paperwork.   Grrr.  Out of practice.
Cristina came home with an eighth rescue dog from the park, a poor smallish female in heat that was being ravaged by much larger male dogs causing ruptures and bleeding.  We will get her seen by a vet on Wednesday.  I call it "Cafe" because of its tan color.  This is supposed to be temporary until we get her fixed....
This morning we were up early to go pick up Adiela, 6 tiny puppies, then one more puppy, along with our Nina, as we made our way 65 kms south to Yumbo, near Cali.  I was directed to take the road to Rio Frio (never did see a sign) because we would avoid the toll roads.  So it took way longer on only 2-lane road, lots of slow trucks, lots of blind turns, AND there were 2 tolls anyway.   Grrr.  
We made our way to a park in the center of Yumbo where some groups were running a large adoption event for dogs.  I almost threw my back out again carrying this whole menagerie just one block.  I was really blubbering already about losing little Nina who sticks to me like glue and I found that I just couldn't give her up despite several interested parties.  I finally flatly refused to give her up, she is my baby.  The other seven puppies got adopted rapidly as did every dog in sight, except 3 older dogs that one gentleman had brought.  All 3 were happy-looking but not nice breeds with coarse hair so they got bypassed, which was really sad because all seemed like wonderful dogs.
We followed my Garmin directions back on the main 4-lane divided highway and that was so much easier, and Nina slept the whole way back.  But I missed the early turn that Cristina wanted and we had to drive the whole length of the city to be able to turn around and come back.  Grrrr
The reason for that detour was that she was picking up another rescued rabbit...  Unnamed as yet, ("Softy" comes to mind) but that makes critter number 9 in the house, not counting me.  Petty jealousies do develop between them and NeNe is fed up with Nina wanting to play, which is a trifle funny to watch, but NeNe doesn't think so.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Puppies are a magnet for people

One of the puppies and my Nina

This is the organization we used

I just couldn't give my little Nina away,.. I just couldn't!

She is firmly ensconced in my heart.  She is mine.

Doggie number 7 is official.

This is the new bunny

The dogs are getting used to the rabbit

Cafe is still losing blood so we keep her in the back

Tomorrow we will help her