Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wednesday Oct 10, 2018 Frantic


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday Oct 10, 2018
First thing this morning I decided to get together my documents in case I got stopped on the way to Cali airport (Palmira) to pick up Cecilia.  Now I am a definite creature of habit and, for the life of me, no matter how many times I checked the only places I would keep them, and a lot more, I could not find the little black folder containing my passport, my Ecuadorian and Colombian Visas, my 3 Ecuadorian Cedulas, and my birth certificate.  I will keep looking, but all I can think of is that it got lifted out of my backpack when we went to the Registry office last time...  I doubt that I will find it here, I have already looked every logical place.
So,.... since I am officially illegally driving in Colombia (their fault for needing stupid driving school), it was a question of what story, licence, and documents to use in case I get stopped.  I was frantic.
I called Miguel and asked him to take my place to drive Cristina to the Cali airport.  There would only be room for 3 people in my small car with the big suitcase.  He said yes, he would do it and I was relieved.  He called back 1/2 hour later to say that he had let his licence expire, so he too was driving illegally, and he apologized.
So, we were back to frantic.  After a lot of deliberation I decided that the closest to the truth would work best, with my two drivers' licences, my Colombian cedula, my car documents (with a 20,000 peso note tucked in), and, if necessary, more pesos....  Since my documents all read August, I was hoping that would work, if needed.
We left at noon to be safe and got delayed by an accident around Buga for almost 20 minutes, but thankfully no police who are often in that area.  We got to the airport at 1:30 and waited for Cecilia to emerge around 3pm.  
The darn Garmin sent us on about 20 miles of slow 2-lane road paralleling the 4 lane so it took us almost 1.5 hours to get back as well.  I followed a bus that was going a good clip, especially through a little rain that we hit.
I unpacked right away because I could barely remember what tools and clothes were in that final suitcase muled to us by Cecilia.  I had offered to pay most of the trip if they did this for me and I was good to my word.
So Cecilia is here and she also is impressed with the vast greenery here.
With any luck, we will chance a trip to Buenaventura on the coast Saturday for a day trip.  Christian's last girlfriend Jessica may join us as well.
I am just glad that we made it through today unscathed.
UPDATE 7pm -  Sadness,... as my warnings came true that the Bunny was just not safe with 8 bored dogs in the yard.  RIP Bunny.  I will not allow any more animals on the premises. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Having lunch at Cali airport

The view at Cali airport

Cecilia arrives with my suitcase