Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Oct 26, 2018 Problems


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday Oct 26, 2018
I am not getting much sleep with problems that just seem to be compounding.
My NetTalk is over 7 years old and the darn thing quits every time we have a slight power interruption like today, a one-second blip and I can't get the darn thing running again.  I have restarted and reset the thing so many times without success.  Grrrr...  When you contact the NetTalk help people they expect us to be techies and understand all the complicated solutions they offer, starting with "Is it plugged in..."
Then I email my gal at the Okotoks CIBC to transfer some money.  She is such a peach I have known for 9 years and but she is on holidays for 2 weeks and her return message is to deal with the manager.  I want to avoid the manager if possible so I email 2 other girls that work(ed?) at the branch and have done previous transfers but get no response.  So I take a chance on making up an email address to reach the manager and it actually goes through, but that is the end of the good news...  This manager is a silly stickler for her rules and now she wants me to FAX my request, to be confirmed by a phone call....  Grrrrr  It doesn't matter that my request is the same as prior requests, to go to the same account here, it is apparently for my security that they not send money from an email request because I may have been hacked.  What a load of BS, she just want to cover their own asses.   Grrrr  Now I may have put my sweet gal in trouble with that silly manager.  Grrrr
I live in a Colombian town where they still use typewriters, carbon paper, and dot matrix printers.  Motorcycles and horse-drawn dray wagons outnumber the cars...  There is a possibility that there is a fax at a local internet cafe, I don't know, ... and I do have Colombian phones accessible, I hope.  I also have WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Skype, but the chances of those being acceptable are slim and none with sticklers like this manager.
She offers internet banking Global Money Transfer that has daily limits, and will force me to convert my USD to Canadian first, therefore losing 4% on bank charges.  No thank you...
I check to see if CPP and OAS can be direct deposited to Colombia and the answer is NO...  Dammit.  Grrr
So this morning I sent another appeal with some proof of identity and proven access to my accounts and get a canned reply that she is away until tomorrow....  Grrrr
The only saving grace in all of this is that the Colombian peso gets better every day against the USD.  If I have to jump through her damned hoops I told her that I would drain both my accounts to reduce the amount of transfers required....
 My Yahoo won't load today and any investigations I do seem to show that it should be running normally...  
On a lighter note Bugs and Bunny seem to be happy in the hutch and with Cristina's attention, and the dogs are not trying aggressively to get at them, although that is a constant worry for me. 
No photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******