Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thursday November 2, 2017 Artisans



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday November 2, 2017
Poor Jack.  I was walking the dogs real early this morning when we were surprised by a very large Rotweiler cross.  All 5 dogs jumped at it but it did not back down one bit.  The littlest one, Jack, being the most aggressive, got the most attention and I could not drag them all back fast enough and the Rotty followed, going after Jack and grabbing him by the neck.  At that point I dove onto the Rotty and held it in sumbmission until my dogs were loose then managed to shoo it away.  Jack has two puncture marks on his neck and he was a very subdued little boy on the long walk back, but he is fine otherwise.  I picked up a stick on the way back and have sanded and varnished it with the intention to bring it on our walks from now on..  
After lunch the 3 of us went by bus to the artisan tents along the Tomebamba.  There were artisans from many countries like Japan and Argentina, and CIDAP Museum had a display from Indonesia.  The heavens opened for a bit and I had to buy a large umbrella for $5.  An art lover with unlimited space could certainly go crazy with some of these artworks.. especially the wood carvings.. incredibly beautiful stuff.  Other than that, Cristina only bought some $2 earrings so I treated us to a Domino's Pizza, ...my first time there, and I wasn't overly impressed.
No Herederos ride tonight...
I hope you enjoy the photos, all taken with the new Lumix.  
That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Lots of paintings and caricatures near the Broken Bridge

More paintings and sculptures

I loved this painting of where I was actually standing...

Huge guitar for the Jolly Green Giant...

Miguel Illescas is known as the Iguana Man (artist)

Greetings... with music

More Miguel Illescas work

Food tents all the way to the Escalinata

Intricate little dolls

 
Part of Indonesian exhibit at CIDAP Museum

Very Oriental in origin for sure

Gotta love this guy

These are marionettes

Very fine marionettes

Metal ship was impressive

This noisy costume is to ward off bad spirits

A carver of an iguana sculpture

This was worth a hard look for $300

Inventive moving toys

My interpretation of a wood carving

This is closer to the original

This 3' guy was pretty fat

This was about 20" long

Saw this incredible sculpture last year too

Life-size sculpture from one piece of hardwood

Cute Nativity scene