Friday, November 17, 2017

Friday November 17, 2017 Sony test



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday November 17, 2017
5:30 am - Usual walk with the dogs, and try to finish up yesterday's Blog before emails, facebook, etc.
8:30 am - Physio, starting with ice packs on the neck.
8:40 am - A 5.4 - 6.2 Earthquake near Guayaquil that was felt by many people in Cuenca, especially in the highrises, but I was motionless on my back in a hospital bed and didn't notice a thing...
9:30 am - Run for more corn for the pigeons, even though one of the neighbours begged Cristina to stop feeding them...  Cristina pointed out to her that pigeons are also God's creatures...
10:00 am - Recharging every camera battery in preparation for some upcoming photo shoots.
10:15am - Finally decide to quickly test the extra lenses received with the Sony A100, just shooting from the bedroom.  I can't say that I am impressed with the wide-angle extender lens(es) with macro...  The Sony 18-70 lens seems to do just as well on its own.  But the Sony 75-300 is another story..  Even though that lens really shows how shaky I have become, even at full zoom the Image Stabilization shows that this lens can take some pretty darn good images!!  I will have to try that lens on my next trip to the country for sure.
The Sony is becoming my night camera because it is far-superior in low-light situations.  The only drawbacks with the Sony is that I am restricted to using the viewfinder because it has no live-view screen, only playback.  I love this camera and again THANK YOU to Ray Lewis for this bequest.
Right now I have the basic Lumix in my fanny pack for walking the dogs, just in case I see something earth-shattering  and noteworthy like a spectacular sunrise that won't wait for me to get to a better camera.
Then I have the fancy new Lumix in my walk-around fanny pack for any daytime encounters or emergency shots.  It really shines on daytime panorama shots.
The T3i Canon has been my go-to camera for a long time and will shortly be replaced by a new Canon T7i in late December.  The Tamron 28-270 lens will go onto the new Canon.  
Our friends Mark & Karen have returned from their 3 month excursion to Africa, thankfully without any mishaps and their email included a shot of elephants running away which I have included for your viewing pleasure.  I can't wait to see the many other shots they must have...  I am so jealous!
12:05pm  This cowboy got scalped by my lovely wife who claims to have knocked 20 years off my looks.  Not bloody likely says my mirror.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Wide Angle close-up of Nina and Princesa playing

Not impressed with this wide-angle shot

Not overly impressed with this Macro effort either

75-300 at full zoom about 30' away

Full zoom to the hospital blocks away

Full zoom to the antennas south on the mountaintop

Zoom into one of the flowering trees in the next block
Zoom across2 sidewalks, 2 streets and 2 walking paths

About 4 doors down, testing the clarity despite my shakiness

About 3 roofs down....

One of Tom's feeders

Incredible shot from friends Mark & Karen