Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Monday November 20, 2017 HKIE

Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday November 20, 2017
We took dog #6 Nina to get her stitches out from her spay procedure but the vet said the outside stitches need to stay another 4 days...
I volunteered to take photos at the Helping Kids In Ecuador thank-you function held at the home of friends Doug and Pam.  This is another charity tied into two others that I have supported, Hearts Of Gold and Cetap-Lucy, who does amazing things to help poor children with medical problems.  They have helped well over 200 children with the aid of special doctors who give bthem incredibly discounted rates.  They have helped so many children with cleft-palates, hearing, vision, and even heart problems.
The star of this event was a young boy they helped to get two heart surgeries and who would have died without them.  A couple of years ago this bot made up a small bear that he gave to HKIE and this bear was later auctioned off and has raised thousands of dollars for the cause.
On this night, this young boy expressed his gratitude to everyone connected with HKIE and especially to Linda and Ray Lewis who bid heavily last year to gain the bear.  
A very excellent slideshow was presented showing many of the childern doctors and good deeds accomplished by this amazing organization.
I also was approached by another source requesting that I be interviewed for an online cause celebrating the arts,.. photography also being an art..  I have to think on it a bit, because I don't want to divulge too many private things, and I also intend to leave Ecuador at the earliest opportunity, so it somehow doesn't seem to be fitting for me to do an interview with questions about loving Ecuador.  I think I will ask for a list of the questions so I can decide if I can be innocuous enough and stick to the photography side of things...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.