Monday, November 27, 2017

Monday November 27, 2017 Mansion Vizcaya



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday November 27, 2017
Sunday I meant to take it easy but that didn't happen.  I got it in my head that about the only products I have been selling lately are clothing items with the image of Elvis from the photo I took of a framed pic on the wall of a Challuabamba pizza joint.  So, I figured that maybe he is the hot ticket for me.  So I searched for suitable pics of The King and quit after digging up 55.  It took me all day to process just 16 because they are small, need resizing and a lot of work to make them acceptable...
Today I went to physio early and was lucky that Diego was able to take me in.  My 40 days of physio end Thursday and I am finall beginning to feel a little better, now that Diego and I are synchronising our efforts.  So I decided to try to arrange more physio with Dieago.  I stopped by Dra Ana Zhapan's office to try to get a slip to go make an appointment.  She told me to call 140 and make an appointment.  I said that I doubted that my Spanish was good enough but I finally went outside and tried it.  I get through, make myself understood (my Spanish is good enough to ask for what I want).  Then they check and tell me there are no appointments available...  What a crock of BS this system is at times...  I will try again later.
Then I ran over to the venue for the Hearts Of Gold Gala on Dec 21, the Mansion Vizcaya.  I met Mary and Steve Johnston and a few others as they were finalizing the final placement details, i.e. stage, tables, bar, sound, VIP, Santa, etc.  The place is amazing...  I took 2 photo of the men's john just to give you an idea of the opulent beauty of the place...  I spent most the time holding Pickle, Mary and Steve's tiny puppy who is apparently 10 years old and with a dodgy left hip.  This dog warmed to me right away, surprising Mary.
Then I made a quick call to Juan Diego to see if he could repair Buzzer's loose ignition switch but he was too busy today, so I will see him tomorrow.
Next I ran to la Victoria in Monay Mall to check out phones...  My 2 sets of Panansonic cordless phones just won't keep a charge any more so they are being retired.  I bought a Motorola dual unit for $53.
Once I was home I uploaded 5 of the new Elvis artwork to Redbubble and Fine Art America.  Redbubble is just enormously time-consuming and frustrating but that is where the vast majority of my sales come from so I stick with it.  FAA decided to be balky today on 2 of them saying I needed to change the format of the photos, but the other 3 photos uploaded fine as usual and they are all in PNG format...  It is impossible to figure out some of these ridiculous errors...
Then I tried to hhok up the new phone but, silly me, I just couldn't see the tiny hole in the inside of the base to plug in the charger so I made another trip back to Monay.  Boy, did I feel stupid...  The new phone needs 15 hours of charging but I did give it a quick test with a call to Edmonton and my buddy said the call was crystal clear, like I was standing next to her.  I will do the programming later when I can see the instructions with a huge magnifying glass...
Then Cristina had me help her to clip the 2 boys.  I didn't think that they needed clipping but there sure was a pile of hair resulting and a few fleas to eliminate... 
I hope you enjoy the photos taken with the Lumix.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
One side of the fancy washroom

Fancy sinks and another can on the other side

The proposed Santa corner where I will be taking photos

The darling little Pickle

Looking across the giant room.  Note there are no posts....

Pickle resting on Steve's arm