Friday, November 17, 2017

Thursday November 16, 2017 Coopera, HoG, Herederos



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday November 16, 2017
This day was interesting to say the least.  I had physio and some arm massage seems to be helping.
We let dog #6, Nina, loose in the house and she is just so excited as a puppy will be.  She is learning to calm down when we speak and seems to be respecting things in the house.  So far so good.
I rushed out to the area past San Joaquin and the golf course once again for a meeting with former Asambleista Oswldo Larriva.  I was there by the 4pm meeting time and was alone with Oswaldo for a while so we had a small private chat.  He asked questions and I responded.  The others, who were much fewer than expected, showed up around 4:15.  One older man, an unrelated older woman and her son, Lawyer Graciela Estrella and a reporter from El Observador.  It didn't seem like much was happening other than getting advice from Oswaldo as to who to see and how to proceed.  
The reporter was having trouble understanding his camera so I helped him out.  Then he started interviewing us on video and I complained about the whole Coopera mess being politically motivated.  Then I asked where the video might be shown and the answer was that it was intended for the President's eyes...  I guess I was both shocked and pleased, and hope my Spanish will be understood.
Then I rushed to San Blas Cafe and I had just missed the big announcement by outgoing President Natasha Verkley of the Hearts Of Gold Foundation who is headed for Spain on Monday.  The new President will be Maria Jose Orellana, who will continue to have the support of the experienced crew of Kelly, Colleen and the rest.  They are also moving their offices to the Puertas Del Sol area.
I rushed home and processed photos until it was time to run out again.
Next on my agenda was joining the Herederos at the Puente Roto (Broken Bridge).  I was a tad behind my usual arrival time and was surprised to see the bikes all parked in the parking area this night.  The reason was that a camera crew were doing a photo shoot on the steps with lights and reflectors.  The subject was a pretty gal in a bright dress with three hooded characters, 2 men and a woman, nattily dressed.  I never did find out what this is for but they sure were shooting a ton of shots and adjusting lighting many, many times.
I was very hungry because I had missed supper so I was quite happy when the ride was just to a burger shack on Isabela La Catolica.   Everybody had the #4 burger and fries for $2.  The burger even had cheese and ham and egg and a couple of sauces.  A lot of the guys then had a second one.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Chatting with Oswaldo Larriva

We are joined by some of the other Perjudicados de Coopera

Graciela Estrella is very militant about this

The guy standing is a reporter for El Observador magazine

Graciela has taken over leadership of this group

Oswaldo gives us advice on how to proceed

We all got interviewed on video

The reporter is using my camera
Oswaldo's dogs want to be in the pictures too

And another for good measure

I just missed the major Hearts Of Gold announcement

These are now (still) the kingpins of Hearts Of Gold

A nice crowd on hand

Everybody is on hand to say farewell to Natasha

Even Natasha is listening to the subsequent announcements

The crowd is very supportive
Farewell Natasha.  You did GREAT!

Colleen and Paul's newest addition

Natasha, Maria Jose, and Colleen

The Fantastic Four (now with Kelly)

This group has taken Hearts Of Gold to an amzing level

These ladies set the standard for non-profits in Ecuador.

Paul and Colleen's first, Nico

Interesting photo shoot

No idea what it could be for..

The bikes parked discreetly to the side

The gang gathering at Nuna

This girl had a lovely laugh

Our President getting in on the act

More bikes

Cool, whatever it is...

Arriving at the burger shack

And the delicious menu...