Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Tuesday November 14, 2017 Camera Club



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday November 14, 2017
Nina, the 6th dog in the house, spilled her dog food all over the terrace and I thought that a quick bend and a quick scrape-together of the food would be in order.  Well, 'quick' it wasn't and I should have known better, so I added lower back pain to my problems for the day....  So a lot of forgotten exercises were in order to regulate this.
 I bused to El Centro to the City Museum at the corner of Benigno Malo and Gran Colombia in the evening to attend a joint meeting of the Foto Club Cuenca (Spanish) and the Cuenca Camera Club-English.  Normally I don't like meetings where so much time is lost with necessary translations but this was interesting because of the commonality of our interests.
Before the meeting we got to view some of the Spanish Club's work on display in another room.  I took a couple of photos of outstanding work by a couple of the photographers, all exemplary night shots.  Everybody has their own tastes but I was very impressed with their exhibition.  Now there is talk of us having our own exhibition next to the cathedral in the near future...
All the Ecuadorians got to introduce themselves and describe their interests, and 3 of them could do their own translations.  Otherwise, it was generally Eduardo from our group who translated both ways.
We each brought 2 photos on a flash drive and these photos were put up on a large TV screen in random order for a critique section.  Wouldn't you know it, one of mine, a head shot of a gorgeous black Percheron horse, with a changed multicolour background, came up first.  I could tell immediately that the screen resolution and exposure caused the photo to look a tad washed-out, so the impact was hardly as dramatic as the photo submitted.  This was unfortunate as every photo had that same look that needed darkening to bring out the right highlights.  I have a thin skin for criticism that I think is unfair but it was still interesting to hear other photographer's takes on how they would have processed the shot.  A couple said that they would have changed the background colour which is purely personal preference.....
When my second shot rolled around, it was very well received as it was a very dramatic shot of a young man painted up for Dia de Los Inocentes against a black background.  However the washed-out effect made the background look a trifle dark grey and blotchy in spots.  (So now I had to repair that photo so all the background is uniformly black.  It took me a long time to find it.....)
Then we voted on each picture and they picked 4 to go on their website, 2 from our Gringo group.  All in all, it was a very informative evening.
Then some of us went a couple of blocks away to a new restaurant and stuffed our faces.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

One great Ecuadorian photographer's work..

and another's terrific work.

2 very respectful groups getting together.

President and VP of the Ecuadorian group

I like the background...

This one was really well received.