Thursday, November 30, 2017

Wednesday November 29, 2017 Scrambling



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******

Tuesday Cristina was in complete shock from the news of her son's death and urgently wanted a flight to Colombia.  Friends were called to help us both through the initial grief and to focus on the things that needed to be done.
I found a flight from Guayaquil to Cali on Kayak and it re-directed me direct to the Avianca site which was abnormal.  Since I had finally gotten my Canadian Visa activated yesterday I was crossing my fingers that things would go smoothly.  After a few glitches we got it accepted.  Then, instead of the normal email confirmation, we get an email that they will confirm the flight within 8 hours!!  WTF..????  So we roar down to the Avianca office near El Vergel and explain that we can't wait 8 hours, she needs to be en route to Guayaquil.  They were very helpful and sympathetic and managed to cancel my online reservation and issue me a new identical one, and for less money, bless their souls.
We arranged for a private car to take Cristina and I to Guayaquil but, when we got home, Cristina had decided that she wanted to go in those awful private buses with 8 other sweaty people, alone, so she could be alone with her thoughts.  The only good thing about the private bus is that it takes a person direct to the airport.  Because of the situation, I just bit my lip and went with her to see her off.  She did get to the airport safely, had no problems with the flights, and arrived in Cali Wednesday morning where one of her nieces picked her up.
So Wednesday morning I had to skip physio to sit for 2 hours with our friend Cecilia in the oncology waiting room to see the doctors to cancel her surgery scheduled for tomorrow.  When we finally did get to see the doctors, they seemed sympathetic and even blase about cancelling the surgery.   We will have to re-schedule when Cristina returns
CONFIDENTIAL: Then came the awful confirmation that Christian's death was the result of foul-play and evidence is being gathered to put the suspected guilty person away.  I cannot say any more publicly at this time, sorry.  
I am in contact with 2 members of the family who speak English who are keeping me abreast of developments.  
My dear Cristina, no doubt in complete shock yet, is surprisingly calm.  I wish I was there but am so glad that her loving and supportive family is around her.
Christian's body was being held in vigil continuously and the funeral is already scheduled for tomorrow.
Tons of his friends are posting different photos of Christian with Goodbye messages.  It is all very touching but immediately turns on the waterworks seeing the beautiful laughing face of this wonderful boy cruelly snatched from our midst.  This is still too unreal to believe that Cristina would lose her only child to a murderer.
I am busy cleaning things and walking the dogs way too often just to keep from going crazy.  The dogs know something is amiss and are especially loving and a great comfort.  I am trying to find a home for the latest addition, Nina, but there are literally dozens of dogs up for adoption and nobody is holding up their hand.  Six dogs is just too much for me but I won't turn Nina back into the street.  She is coming around and learning to be calmer.

THANK YOU to everyone for your messages of support, it is greatly appreciated.

Then I got an email request from a lawyer about the new proposed Coopera lawsuit to be at his office tomorrow, wanting $51 Notary fee plus $20 Translator fee EACH.  The email was addressed to 19 parties.  My imperfect math says they are wanting $1,349 to probably read the document to all of us as a group, translated once.  This Notary racket is big business in Ecuador..  Grrrrr...

Not in the mood for camera work.  I even have a replacement to again do the photos at Joes on Saturday.
Al
******